Okay first of all, I don't own these amps, I haven't tried these amps.
But, I'm only a plane trip away from a store that stocks a Deliverance 120, and I go there like 3 times a year.......

Cornford Hellcat,
it has EL84s, Guthrie Govan uses them
How heavy can it get ?? (band name, song, or artist name)
Are the cleans good ??
Can it get Brian May-esque tone.... ?
Will it make me play like Guthrie Govan ??

VHT Deliverance 120 & 60,
How heavy can it get ??
Are the cleans good ??
Can it sound like Zakk Wylde without an OD ??
How heavy can it get..... boosted with a TS or SD1 ??

Thanks, dudes !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
If you're looking for heavy tones, those amps aren't for you.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by bluespunkmetal

LMAO u think u mean " will it make me SOUND like gutherie govan?" lol
erm no idea about boutique amps. if u want gain then get some marshall all-valve. or a mesa boogie
gear:
Gibson Sg special faded
esp/ltd v-250
some dodgy russian acoustic (accord or something)
marshall valvestate 8080 w/foot switch
marshall mg 10cd
boss ds-2
behringer eq700
morley bad horsie 2
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Cornford Hellcat,
it has EL84s, Guthrie Govan uses them
How heavy can it get ?? (band name, song, or artist name)
Are the cleans good ??
Can it get Brian May-esque tone.... ?

It can get fairly heavy, but if you're looking for an amp for metalI recommend you try something else. The cleans are good (headroom could be limiting depending on your circumstances), and Brian May's tone is practically on tap.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
If ur looking for something sounding like a cornford and heavy id go for the mk50II

I tried one in my guitar store the other day plenty of gain. Enough if u use some high output pickups for machine head when cranked thats it maxed out tho. Defently enough for megadeth and metallica espiecially. sounded awesome for that kind of music.

But if ur wanting to play stuff as heavy as say machine head then get a heavier amp like a peavey 5150 or engl fireball
www.myspace.com/cornfordamps that song is pretty heavey, I dont know what amp theya re using but it is a cornford, the VHT site has some clips on the deliverence as well as the forums there.
Quote by Dave_Mc
For the cost of a Mesa Roadking, I could alternatively purchase Belgium.
Yeah, the clips by Matte Henderson on the Deliverance where pretty gainey.... but they were throuroughly processed !!

....... hmm, so how heavy can the HELLCAT go ??

And, I thought the Hellcat was the heavy Cornford... not the MK50 ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Yeah, the clips by Matte Henderson on the Deliverance where pretty gainey.... but they were throuroughly processed !!

....... hmm, so how heavy can the HELLCAT go ??

And, I thought the Hellcat was the heavy Cornford... not the MK50 ??

It's the ballsiest, which I don't equate with heaviest. And really, you don't buy a Cornford if you want metal. It'll do Paul Gilbert type stuff no bother. If you want anything heavier, I don't think a Cornford is for you. They have a very pronounced mid range which really wouldn't be too suitable for anything very, very heavy. Plus, I tend not to link EL84s with metal anyway.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
I agree, cornford is more hard rock/80's shred than metal. They're excellent, though.

Haven't tried the deliverance, but the ultra lead is nice.

Worth a try if you're there and they'll let you try them, I'd have thought.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Did I read someone saying the VHT deliverance isn't a heavy amp? You're high.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
most boutique amps like bad cats and matchless, are low gain amps. they have amazing cleans and a break up that makes me tingle. you cant get really heavy with these kind of amps imo.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Quote by Mascot
Or maybe he's just kvlt?

\\m//

kvlt ftw.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
There ain't no amps datz heavy enough for KVLT !!

Anyway, Dave, the UL was KT88 based right ?? How did it sound ?? (Just describe it plzzz)
What does the Gain Stacking feature sound like ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
If you're going to the shop....try them out and see for yourself.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^^ i didn't get to try it at high enough volumes to really let the kt88's come into things (if that is the power tube, I can't remember, and the vht website is shit for giving out useful info).

can't remember much about the gain stacking either... this was about 2 years ago, lol.

All I remember are, it had nice piano-like cleans, nice overdrive and distortion, in a dry, organic type of way, and it was really expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Mesa Boogie F-50 [ =
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP