Yeah, i left my iPod in my pocket, it went through the wash. At the moment there is no life in it. Is my iPod dead? I read warranty and it doesnt cover accidents/flood/fire ect. What else can i do?
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
It might actually work now.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
clearly the i-pod was broken before it went in the wash
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
Sometimes iPods work after they have been submerged in water, wait a few days, leave it in a dry place where it can dry off and try to use it again.

If it doesnt start working again, sell it on eBay under the title "brand new perfect condition iPod, works fine, barely been used" and let some other poor bastard deal with it.

Actually damaged iPods will fetch a fair amount of money on eBay.....
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
If it fell in the water and you took the battery out really fast, maybe yes.
Laundry -> 99.9% sure it's dead.

BUT you could try to take the battery out and let it dry for a couple of days. MAYBE, MAYBE it'll work.
it may just need to be dried out properly.. like leave it in the sun for a while.............
Quote by HangmaN47
motorboat the clit you motorboatin' sonofabitch.
I was going to send it to apple and say "it stopped working overnight, only thing i can think of was the cold" and if they say "it had water damage" i say "maybe it condensed in/on the ipod and thats what damaged it?", my friend works for apple, he says ring up and say that its broken and dont mention the washing machine, i get a case number and 9/10 times he said they just send a new one anyway...but i'll give it to tomorrow night to dry.

Quote by Miggy01
Its doomed dude....
-- UG's One and Only Chocolate Chip Cookie --

All the bands come out to see all the other bands. We're all friends, so there's really no need for competition. Everyone has their own sound and their own style.
-- Layne Staley

my friend dropped his phone in a small river so we went home, got wellies and scoured the river for the phone. It had rained that day and we couldnt see the bed. We found the found the phone with luck alone, and my brother put it in the airing cupboard. The next day it turned on. but sadly the camera never worked again.

I think you can screw up if you try and turn it on while its wet. by the way
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Take everything out that you can like the battery etc. Then just put it in the airing cupboard over night. Dry it out and by morning should be okay. But that's for a normal electronic like a phone. iPod it might just break more if you expose it to air particles, or any other sort of particles.
how do i take the ipod apart? Its an ipod nano.

Quote by Miggy01
I washed mine....it never worked again, but since it was within 6 months of me buying it, I sent it to apple, and they gave me a brand new one.
Dude, I can help you here.

The first thing you have to do is take the batteries out of it, then, with the battery cover off, put it in a warm dry well ventilated area and give it 36 hours to dry out completely, and do not switch it on at any point.

Modern circuits are very hardy. I will give you an example.

I am a Paraglider pilot, and I had to ditch into water once, and all my electrics were submerged including my variometer (the thing that sqwarks and beeps to tell you if you are climbing or descending) and my altimeter and UHF radio.

My mate told me to take the batteries out and air dry them, etc, and it worked. After 2 days, I put the batteries in them and they all worked fine.

Dont put ur iPod in direct sunlight though.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Top of the hotwater furnace is ideal, nice & dry and warm
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Usually with things like that, the last thing you should do its try to turn it on.. and do what that guy said^.. leave it there until youre positive its completely dry before turning it on
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
I dropped mine into a bucket of bleach+water. It was submerged in water for a few seconds. Left it a day to dry out resetted it it worked fine besides the fact it the battery was completely drained. However putting it through the washing machine is quite a different case. But I have heard stories of them surviving.
Dont try to tune it on dont charge it leave it dry naturally cos if it heats too much then it will get really bad moisture damage let it dry naturlly in air and you increase the chances of it working again give it 10 days at least.
same thing happened to me guys, what should i do, it went through a whole wash cycle
it wont turn on or charge, now its in a baggy of rice
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
I washed mine before. Give it about 3 weeks in a sunny spot, and it should work. Of course mine still has a little water smudge, but other than that, it's fine.
Quote by Alexishxc1337
I washed mine before. Give it about 3 weeks in a sunny spot, and it should work. Of course mine still has a little water smudge, but other than that, it's fine.

leave it in the sun for 3 weeks?
Quote by guitardude34875
hit it with a hammer abput 5 times, till u can see the wires, it should work after that
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
try puttin icy ot on it. that will be good...
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
Quote by Alexishxc1337
yes.

what about this guy?
Dude, I can help you here.

The first thing you have to do is take the batteries out of it, then, with the battery cover off, put it in a warm dry well ventilated area and give it 36 hours to dry out completely, and do not switch it on at any point.

Modern circuits are very hardy. I will give you an example.

I am a Paraglider pilot, and I had to ditch into water once, and all my electrics were submerged including my variometer (the thing that sqwarks and beeps to tell you if you are climbing or descending) and my altimeter and UHF radio.

My mate told me to take the batteries out and air dry them, etc, and it worked. After 2 days, I put the batteries in them and they all worked fine.

Dont put ur iPod in direct sunlight though.
Quote by guitardude34875
Quote by ShredGod George
what about this guy?

I've experienced it firsthand, and it's worked.

that should be enough proof, unless i'm just lucky. plus, i never took mine apart or anything.
i've sent mine through the wash twice and dropped it in the bathtub once, it works almost perectly, and for a while it fizzed whenever it came on and it had a really pshycadelic look because of all the water drops in the screen.
I'm going to laugh if the TS leaves it outside to dry and it rains.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.