ok i had another thread about this and i got some help from 4 people about chords which is usefull but what about:
-Octave chords alot of bands use them
-Help with rhythm because i notice when i play i always just strum the string an even amount like i wont do 2 then have a short break then do 6 or sumthing i will always do 4 then change note then do 4 again.
-just like a normal intro riff using just single notes and not chords like 'Dammit' by blink 182

Thanks
Not sure what you mean, but for rhythm, you can try swing eighths, a triplet feel. A good example would be the main riff in Satriani's "Made of Tears". You can also try galloping; two sixteenth notes and an eighth, like Metallica's "Battery".
-Help with rhythm because i notice when i play i always just strum the string an even amount like i wont do 2 then have a short break then do 6 or sumthing i will always do 4 then change note then do 4 again.

Use GuitarPro or Powertab to isolate and slow down the rhythm guitar. Then play it with the right rhythm and speed up later.
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30
I can't think of any punk song that doesn't use powerchords somewhere in them.
im not saying no powerchords just not a begining powerchord riff.

and i dont know what they are called so i called them Octave chords:
e-
b-
g-7
d-x
a-5
E-

what is that called??
Yeah that's what I believe is an octave chord. And you could try like do two bars of power chords or something, then do a little riff of single notes. I dunno, I have yet to master song creation.
You can try barre chords, which is basically just a more developed powerchord.

eg.

e---5----5----5
b---5----5----5
g---5----6----6
d---7----7----7
a---7----7----x
e---5----5----x

etc. basically, think open chords and just use ur index finger as a capo.
"Reality leaves much to the imagination" - Lennon
1.It's not an octave chord, it's just octaves, lol.

2.For an opening riff, try foreshadowing the lyrics or something. Kinda like how in Smells Like Teen Spirit, by Nirvana, the solo is basically the same notes Kurt is singing, kinda like that, get it? OR you can maybe try a slow intro, and then burst into powerchords.

3. For rythm, try studying some rythm used in some of your favorite songs, and maybe base a rythm, or even entirely copy the rythm used.
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

hazza it sounds like you already know lots of different ways to make the sounds with your guitar you just have to put them together. you dont really have to overdo it though. dammit by blink 182 is basically the same thing over and over again. C-G-A-F. Just start playing and see what sounds good to you then put it together into a song.
Try combining. Don't do one single-string riff and one power chord-riff, but do both in one.
#2 member of the ''Guitarist that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen'' club.

PM Davidian to join.

Quote by potassium_39
dude your a walking talking metal making expert!!!

i bet this person sucks so bad emo people laugh

^0wned^
Wow the power chord to single notes sounds really good.

Thanks!!

im working on to try to have powerchord to single notes to octaves