hey guys, yes another one of those threads. Anyways do u need to get your guitar setup for half a step down
Im not sure what you mean by getting you guitar setup for half a step down but if your asking how to tune down a half step then i can help. Assuming your guitar is in standard tuning - EADGBe then to tune down a half step just tune each string down to a flat. e.g. Eb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-eb.
Nope not with a standard Fat Strat you shouldnt. Some guitars with Floating trems need setting up to play in different tunings but yours shouldnt and even the ones that do require setups for new tunings porbably wouldnt mind just a half step.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
no, it's not a big difference, the strings are gonna be a bit softer, but i guess that's what you're going for, i do that cause i have 11's...
actually, the neck might straighten a bit, but it's nothing big. if you find that your strings are buzzing a bit, then you'll have to either raise the action a bit or loosen the truss rod 1/8 of a turn... but that's probably not gonna happen and you can always tune back to standard.
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Last edited by 666_Belial at Jan 13, 2007,
Not really. Its still almost the same tension on the strings. Unless youre doing some crazy metal tunings or changing string gauges very much(like from 0.10 to 0.13)
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

^^yea, clean on the neck SC sounds so much better with 11's. especially if you have wound 3rd...
yea, wound G string like acoustics usually have. did i spell wrong or something?
you can get them in higher gauge sets sometimes. my strings are 11, 15, 20, 28, 38, 50 i think...