So, since I've nothing to do this 3 day weekend, I figured why not play guitar for a day?

So for the next 24 hours I will be up in my room playing guitar, stopping only for occasional meals, when I will post in this thread too.

bye for now!

Finish time - 9:00 AM Sunday.

ed- I made it 9 to make it just a rounder number, and to have some breakfast.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Last edited by thefoldarsoldar at Jan 13, 2007,
I fell asleep y'day with my git on my stomach and I woke up and had dribble all over it.....
yo.

I BELIEVE
Your fingers are gonna hurt
I downloaded a .exe once, opened it, and it pretty much nailed my computer, and yes, by nailed I mean, got it's **** out and shoved it in my computers ass.
Quote by pataldo
i cant play for that long anymore, i strap too low and my wrists and arms hurt too much

aww diddums

I could probably play for about 15 hours, if i had the motivation and concentration.
wow... good luck..... have a tissue... for when your fingers bleed.
Quote by adr11iano
gain:9
treble:8
mids:5
bass:6
volume:0

this is the best when playing paramore
If only we didn't need sleep...lol

so I'll be starting in 10 mins, feel free to post suggestions, stuff to play, etc.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
stupid.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Your calluses will feel like they are ripping themselves off. Doing this will probably make you have to stop playing for the next few days afterwards.
Alrightty, lunch checkin time.

It's been 3 hours so far and I really don't feel any differently in fingers, callouses and whatnot (besides they're tingly from playing)

I've been doing the Rock Discipine Exercises at different speeds on the met, as well as scales, chords and learning the names of the notes on the fretboard. (A B C, etc) I also have been working on Fade to Black, Overture 1928, Cowboys from hell, Voodoo Child (got a Wah pedal for christmas) and some of the workouts/exercises in Guitar World Magazine.

While I was doing the rock discipline exercises I was watching some of G3 '05 (Satch, Vai, Petrucci) and I came to the conclusion that the way they make it seem so effortless is because it is (for them) so that reminded me not to get tense in the muscles and stuff...

and I suppose I may check out that 10 hour workout thing on here cause that could eat up some time, as well as some Green Day/Nirvana for a "break." Then I might practice some solos from that Top 100 List. (stairway, crossroads, comfortably numb)

l8r
Quote by Roc8995
*thefoldarslodar get's too interested in his own thread and spends 24 hours posting on UG instead of practicing*
Need.New.Sig.
This is an extremely bad idea...

First of all, you can hurt yourself from fatigue. It's not uncommon to see stories of kids who practice for an entire day, with a few breaks, and get hurt... sometimes badly.

Second of all, you won't learn anything new after about hour 7 or 8. Your brain will not take in any new information. It's a fact. If you've been going for that long, you've already worked the hell out of your brain, and it won't do much good to work it more. Sure, you'll still be able to play and all that, but anything you learn after hour 7 or 8 (sometimes more, sometimes less) will need to be redone the next day.

If you plan on taking breaks, take them about every 30-45 minutes.

red
Looking for my India/Django.
Yea, I practice about 4-5 hours a day when I can and I take 5 minute breaks every 30 minutes just to relax the muscles and stuff...plus I do some muscle stretches before hand so they don't tense up. You should spend most of the time working on "boring stuff like scales", modes, patterns in soloing and playing chords all over the neck for most of the time, learning songs and solos won't make you better, it'll just expand your (ran out of words) songlist...?K:R
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by redwing_suck
This is an extremely bad idea...
Second of all, you won't learn anything new after about hour 7 or 8. Your brain will not take in any new information. It's a fact. If you've been going for that long, you've already worked the hell out of your brain, and it won't do much good to work it more. Sure, you'll still be able to play and all that, but anything you learn after hour 7 or 8 (sometimes more, sometimes less) will need to be redone the next day.

red

Perhaps that's why I didn't do so well on finals last term. Uber crammage! (well, also I went for 3 days without sleep...)
I want proof!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF you have a webcam post video on youtube
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Hmm. Somedays, I practice 5 or so hours...but I take lots of breaks and stuff between. But mainly I just have my guitar (acoustic) near me, so that I can play off and on whenever I get tired of it...usually during the weekends its always out of its case (except at night..don't want the cat doing stuff to it, or the dogs). If I had an electric, my family would hate me. Good thing I just have an acoustic...for now...
I commend the effort.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen