i think of getting this amp...but i dont know what its good for, is it any good, and about how loud it is.

im thinking o using it at band practice and maybe a few shows..

how well will it perform? any better suggestions?
I played one and I thought it was actually a very nice amp.

It should be loud enough for shows too.
if at band practice everyone uses 100 w or so solid states and unamplified drums...will it be loud enough?
oh, and some guy told me that i could hook up a tube combo to a cabinet...how will that work?
yeah that amp should be louder than the 100watt solid states... I have a 100watt valveking and it will drown out drums on 4 on the OD channel.

EDIT: On mine there are two speakers Outs, one that goes the speakers in the amp and other free that you could hook a cab up to with a speaker cable.
ive got a VK212
and you can hook it up to cabinets due to the 2 speaker out jacks
but because of how its designed you need to set the impredance to 4 ohms and have a cab thats got 4 16ohm speakers

i like mine, v happy with it
sweet. sam, what do you think of it overall? i mean, like what's it good for, anything you dislike...what sort of music...etc

durable?
PEAVEY VALVE KING 112, Guitarcombo, 50 Watts into 16 Ohms, 1 x 12" Valve King speaker, two 6L6GC and three 12AX7 tubes, two independent footswitchable channels, separate EQ for each channel, footswitchable gain/volume boost on lead channel, external speaker capability, Reverb with level control, Buffered effects Loop, Resonance switch for tightor loose cabinet response, New, patent-pending Texture variable Class A/B simulation control, Optional Footswitch 189024, Dimenions: 51.86 x 66.62 x 27.98 cm, Weight: 21 kg

can it be hooked to a cabinet?? oh and if it will, will the output be divided between the cabinet and the combo...so both will just be 25w tube, or both cab and combo will be 50w output?? will hey both work simultaniously
err, I love the cleans. The OD channel however, i have grown to hate, and I'm
dis-appointed in. It's alright at lower gain but get muddy. I'm still using my multi-fx for distortion till I get a decent OD/Distortion. The other thing I don't like is that I can't crank it, but thats my fualt for buying the 100watt version. I am almost, almost wishing I bought the Marshall DSL401, but it no use looking back.

Ahem, anyway, there are plenty of good points too. Great cleans, good OD at lower gain, the "Texture" (sweepable selection between class A and Class A/B) is cool, seems to take pedals well, its cheap. I've heard lots of stories about it being un-reliable on here but haven't experienced anything myself. I'm also told if you replace the speakers and tubes it is quite an improvement, though I don't know.

Music, classic rock, alternative, metal with a pedal.

Hmm, i should do a review lol
I wouldn't get a Valveking if I were you.

there are lots of bad reliability reports, and they sound crap. The cleans aren't anything special and the distortion is cheap and fizzy sounding. The boost sounds like a cheap SS amp. These amps also sound worse when you crank them. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard it. This amps is a perfect example of a poorly made tube amp sounding worse than a SS amp.

Save up a bit more money and look into a Vox AC30CC1, Peavey Classic 30, or Fender Hotrod Deluxe.

A 30+ watt tube amp with a 12 inch speaker will be enough to play in a band with.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
how is the overdrive when you crank it? with an od pedal on clean for instance?
^ The overdrive get's kinda harsh when you crank it. I've never played a pedal through it.

And I can't comment on the Laney cause I've never played it.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
if u know how to use them then u can coax some really great sounds out of them. The distorsions not bad for metal but a pedal works better. I'm having grove tubes put in mine, should be done by next week so will have to see how it sounds then
I got one for christmas and I took it back because it sounded terrible and all the reliability reports of it breaking down but for you I would go for the Vox AD100VT you wont be dissapointed
GEAR:
Gibson Faded V (Dimarzio EVO(B) and GFS Hot Liverpool(N) coiltap in neck)
Squier Mahogany HSS Strat
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head
I have a variety of pedals PM if you have to know.

Looking for a new head!
Quote by TGM
I wouldn't get a Valveking if I were you.

there are lots of bad reliability reports, and they sound crap. The cleans aren't anything special and the distortion is cheap and fizzy sounding. The boost sounds like a cheap SS amp. These amps also sound worse when you crank them. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard it. This amps is a perfect example of a poorly made tube amp sounding worse than a SS amp.

Save up a bit more money and look into a Vox AC30CC1, Peavey Classic 30, or Fender Hotrod Deluxe.

A 30+ watt tube amp with a 12 inch speaker will be enough to play in a band with.

Quote by oldirtyredhead
I got one for christmas and I took it back because it sounded terrible and all the reliability reports of it breaking down but for you I would go for the Vox AD100VT you wont be dissapointed

now i just feel bad