hey guys

first of all, this is my first post, so i want to say hello to everyone in this community

in the last days i wanted to change the way i practice playing the guitar.

ive searched the web and found some interesting stories about training.
one of them contained a practice schedule.

so here ive got my questions.
what could voicing, sight reading, rhythm, timing training mean.
yes sure. you train timing at timing training. but how??

thanks for your help
peter
metronome.com is a free online metranome, but it'd rather use a drum machine, the beeping gets annoying fast
My Stuff.
Digitech's Death Metal Distortion Pedal
Digitech's RP50 Pedal
Line 6's Guitar Port
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Fender Amp
thanks guys.

i already have a metronome.

but what does voicing, sight reading mean?

and rhythm, timing means just playing with a metronome?
Quote by pemax
thanks guys.

Voicing can refer to the notes of a chord, or perhaps you mean vocalizing which is sining along with your playing (which I find to be helpful for both).

I would not practice rhythm and timing with a metronome. If you want to focus on rhythm then simply practice all the cool stuff you can do with your right hand. I am not sure what you mean by timing, as all music has some element of timing. Perhaps you could try adding spaces inbetween your ideas, or practice comming in at just the right time when playing with other people.
Quote by pemax
hey guys

first of all, this is my first post, so i want to say hello to everyone in this community

First of all it didnt strike you curious about the fact theres a thread for that.

Second. You'll get much better answers in the guitar/bass basics forum.
Quote by pemax
thanks guys.

I presume sight reading is when you can read music without having to think hard about it
i.e. you can play along with a piece of music without taking you your eyes of the piece

just a guess tho soz
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Wikipedia has all the anwers in the world. Well almost.
"In music, a voicing is the inversion (music) of a chord. This is the vertical ordering of the pitches in the chord (which notes are on top, bottom, or in the middle). It is one of the many effective ways of representing a chord's sound [citation needed]. The spacing or "simultaneous vertical placement of notes in relation to each other" and "the manner in which one distributes, or spaces, notes and chords among the various instruments" (Corozine 2002, p.7)."

Allan Holdsworth is a master of this. It may take you a while to realise the harmonies, but it's worth the effort.
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman