Page 1 of 2
Okay this bot I know got a guitar,
And well had it for less than a week!

Then tried to learn how you play and said I give up!

What should I do to help him!

PS. £400 GUITAR KIT IT WAS!
heres what I do I tell all my friends when they get guitars to go to ultimate-guitar dot com and find a song they like have it up on windows media player or whatever type the song in the little typy box then figure out how to read tab shouldnt be that hard and I say play what u see on the screen and try to figure out the rhythem and they all play like hell now which is cool.
teacher or teach him
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
don't let him give up only after a week. remind him he's not gonna be (name of guitarist he likes) right off the bat.
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
convince him to try again
The Big Three

do everything you can think of. i mean come on no one would be playing if everyone said f*** it after a week
The Big Three

Why bother? There's far too many guitarists around anyway
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Quote by 4# 5b (Tritone)
don't let him give up only after a week. remind him he's not gonna be (name of guitarist he likes) right off the bat.

hahaha that always works :snyper:
Find a simple song that he likes. If he can get even some of that and isn't inspired then he's a lost cause. I spent a year living with a guitarist and for ages I wasn't interested but once i got one riff, it got my interest.
Send the guitar to me. At least it will get played. No actually I would try to get him to learn a small part of a song he really likes. Then he might get interested enough to a learn a full song, and a trickle becomes a flood...
I'd teach them an A minor and Gmajor chord. With some simple strumming you can then play Cows with guns, and it's easy enough that even someone who's never picked up a guitar before can probably learn to sing and play it pretty quickly. It's good to start with a funny song, because then you get a good laugh out of teaching it to them.

Teach to play the verse pattern to cows with guns, and then tell him to come back in a week and you'll teach him an Emaj and C chord so they can play the chorus as well.

Voila, easiest song in the world to play, and straight away you know something that'll get everyone singing along at parties. Most people start with the intro riff from enter sandman or come as you are, but that doesn't actually give you fun song you can sing and play to your mates.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
The Unholy, I like your sig :snyper:
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
He should never give up...its like anything that you try your not going to be good off the bat but with perserverince and the willing to learn you will get become good at it

Also get lessons from a local guitar shop they will start you out easy with some stum patters and things like that
  • Stone Sour - Blotter; Bother; Get Inside; 1st Person
  • KoRn - Last Legal Drug (Le Petit Mort); Seed; BBK
  • Slipknot - (Sic); The Blister Exists; Three Nil[Live]
  • Planet of 9(local band) Drown; Exhale; Cadillac; Falling Down; Humanworm
This is what I done:

"Hey"
"Oh another moan, look I'm on ebay selling it"
"You know thismis quite good"
"Huh what"
"You don't know!"
"No what"
"Go off ebay"
"Okay"
"Well this guitar is wanted now"
"Dude stop with the coco-pops they arent helping you"
(Convo about them)
"Anyway bout the guitar..."
"Yeah why is it wanted"
"Only 40 where made"
"Huh?"
"Yeah"
"Really"
"Yup"

I walked with his Guitar and played a tune,

"Jeez your good"
"Yeah but a ebuyer will take it innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 2secs!"
"NO YOU HAVE IT"
"Okay (I took it )

I now fell bad so I am getting him a BASS much easier for a dumb person like him!
It may not be for him.

Let him decide what he wants to do. Let him explore the world of percussion...or just get him a bass.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
he'll get bored of bass, they always do
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Quote by Lin
he'll get bored of bass, they always do

I prefer guitar, although I can play a bit of bass if required. If I was given a choice between playing bass and not being in a band, I wouldn't get bored with that at all. Yeah it's not the most interesting job, I'd rather be playing guitar or singing, but if I get an hour up on stage and people get up and dance to our songs, I'll play the f*#king triangle if it's the only job going.
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Quote by niall_lz

Check it out!(top one)

This one is my uncles(bottom one)

Good god, they're both f-ugly.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
i dunno, the dragon one's kinda cool. i dont like the skull one, but thats not my style
just take his guitar stuff and learn to play yourself
Zebra! llll llll llll llll llll

Save the Zebra's
hit him with a flaming basbal bat
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Those are some of the ugliest monstrousities (sp?) I have ever seen lmao
Well the skull one is... the other one is just ugly in a different way
do you happen to live anywhere near your uncle? if so, you just stole those pics off the net.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
either let him forget about the guitar and steal it, ask if u can have it or buy it of him for like £100 - £200
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
I have already seen those pics on the net . I smell bullsh1t. Why even make up a thread? Is it that your life is so empty you have to make stuff up? Or maybe you are just some 15 year old punk with nothing better to do.

Loser.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Quote by Molsons Golden
I have already seen those pics on the net . I smell bullsh1t. Why even make up a thread? Is it that your life is so empty you have to make stuff up? Or maybe you are just some 15 year old punk with nothing better to do.

Loser.

At least make up something that makes you sound cool. Like I could pretend that the band I'm supposed to manage actually has

a) a drummer that turns up to rehearsals
b) enough songs actually finished to play an hour's set or record an album
c) a name

Because if we had all that, I could actually try and book them some gigs, or get them into a studio. As it is, I am (see avatar) UG's Manager without a band, and that doesn't make me sound very cool at all. Still it's good for jamming, and my own guitar playing is improving a lot hanging out with these guys.
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Page 1 of 2