How good are these pickups?
What sort of tone do they give?
Better output/tone than a stock Yamaha Pacfica?
Cheers.
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
I haven't tried them, but I guess they're really, really hot (more distortion).

how much can you get them for? and what pacifica? 112?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, it's the pacifica 112 (HSS)
I can get them on a new pickguard with two hot rails for 60ish......
^ i dunno. I mean, you can get a brand new swineshead pickup for £45. It wouldn't let you upgrade the singles, but in my experience hot-rail type pickups don't sound all that amazing anyway.

I'd definitely consider swineshead instead... www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk

what's your amp, by the way? EDIT: and what tones are you after?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, I had a swineshead venom in there for a while, it was too trebly, so it went on a HH project.
Erm, my amp is a marshall half stack, can't remember the numbers and then i've got some pedals, mainly a marshall guv'nor.
I want like, lots of treble when playing power chords, but then when i play solos it doesn't break up and screech.....
^ warthog, perhaps? judging by the venom's specs, I wouldn't consider putting one in alder, to be honest. I know the warthog is nice and warm in basswood, with a nice treble when you hit it hard- it'd liable to be a little more trebly in alder, but it sounds to me like what you want.

unless you want to drastically want to up the price, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nah, sounds like a plan to me!
Cheers.
^ :snyper:

best bet is actually to email swineshead though to get advice- and tell them you thought the venom was a bit bright.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?