I own an Digitech RP80, but recently i saw the Zoom G2 on the net. W/o the expression pedal it has a similiar price to the rp80. I play mostly metal, and the G2 seems more suitable for it. Has any one tried the G2? If it would be better than the RP80, i could sell the rp and the zoom...
keep the RP80. i did
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
I use a Zoom G2 and love it... Tried the V-Amp but the Zoom had more stuff for the same $$$. I use it a lot with my computer and my SS amps - doesn't sound too hot with my tube amps but plugged directly into my computer it has some great sounds - the rectifier and the 5150 (EVH setting) is SCHWEEEET and ballsy.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
I use a Zoom G2 and love it... Tried the V-Amp but the Zoom had more stuff for the same $$$. I use it a lot with my computer and my SS amps - doesn't sound too hot with my tube amps but plugged directly into my computer it has some great sounds - the rectifier and the 5150 (EVH setting) is SCHWEEEET and ballsy.

Are the distortions good enough? I don't like the ones on RP80, too light for me