For or against?
I am more the simplistic BM fan...I would rather not hear any showy musicianship in my BM....Naglfar being the exception....If I want godly musicianship, I'll listen to DM, PM, or some Shawn Lane or Satriani. I want my BM simple like Isengard for example.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
Quote by masterofmuppets
I'm neither for or against solos in BM. Sometimes it works, Drudkh's Blood In Our Wells being an excellent example of this, and other times it doesn't. Simple as that, really.

^this
I dislike guitar solos in general.

/loljoke

But I agree with dave's post

/too lazy to make a well thought out post at the moment
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
I wouldn't say I'm against it completely but if and when I'm listening to some BM I just prefer the more simplistic styles.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
The solo in the Burzum song Key To The Gate owns and is very fun to play. Drudkh also has some really nice solos too.
Quote by masterofmuppets
I'm neither for or against solos in BM. Sometimes it works, Drudkh's Blood In Our Wells being an excellent example of this, and other times it doesn't. Simple as that, really.

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and agree with this.
Stiny Plemanu use fairly simple riffs, but their bass is amazing. I like that however.
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
Quote by masterofmuppets

Exactly. If you can make it work, great. If not, then you just need to stop trying. Emperor, for example, have some pretty cool solos.
The solos on Blood In Our Wells are incredible, even though I don't like the music itself very much. 1349 has some frantic, messier solos occasionally. They can be used well, but unlike DM, I don't think they should always be a main facet of the music.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I prefer most of my blackened death bands like Behemoth and Dissection to have solos. If it's really deep and atmospheric stuff I'd prefer to not have them
emperor- with strength i burn.

that is all.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I absolutely hate when Darkthrone has solos. In fact, I cant stand Darkthrone, despite Isengard being a fav. of mine.
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
Bathory - A Fine Day To Die.

That is all.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Emperor has a couple solos here and there..I think they have 3 or 4 on Nightside.

I'm for them, when they fit. Just like there shouldn't be an all out-shred fest during a ballad, there shouldn't be a solo in every dong.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Just as long as it sounds good, I really don't give a shit.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
Just as long as it sounds good, I really don't give a shit.

Full heartedly agree with that, all though it goes the same with any type of music I guess. Emperor has some pretty sweet solo's and I also haev to admit to liking, oh, what's it called, A succubus in rapture by Dimmu Borgir.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
In fact...I rarely am actually impressed with solos in general. I would honestly rather hear a good riff, but the occasionial solo inspires me. Take, for example(and this one is my favorite), the chromatic solo in Nevermore-The River Dragon has Come. That thing is excellent sounding, fitting, and I use it as a warm up excercise(try it, it really lossens up your fingers nicely). But take for example, Metallica. They have a solo in every song, as if it's mandatory. That is one thing that always pissed me off about them. They waste time in their songs filling up space with a solo. Then they eliminated the solos on St. Anger, which SUCKED hard. Big deal. If you feel like a solo is neccisary, put it in the song, but dont put one in just to show off. Still, I dont like solos in BM too much.
Quote by Everybody

My rig:

Dunlops Picks
Quote by Night_Lights
emperor- with strength i burn.

that is all.

People here say 'that is all' a lot.

*giggle* actually, you could say *giggle* 'that is all' you ever say! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I made a funny.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Solos in black metal should be as welcome as in any other genre, provided it sounds good. There's no good reason why they shouldn't.
I like solos in black metal , but i dont know bands that have solos on most of their songs.
Can you name some ?
Saying a band should only have solos if they fit is like saying food should go in your mouth not your ass.
it doesn't fucking matter. only an elitist will sit here and type something like "solos don't belong in BM". 

Arcturus incorporate solos into their BM stuff just like Drudkh, Lord Belial, Catemenia, Emperor, Klabautamann, Immortal, etc... 
Quote by severed-metal
Who cares, GBK do solos better than any other black metal band

free

i actually thought about including grand belial's key in that list but I haven't listened to them in a long time so I completely forgot what songs they are on. thanks for reminding me, now im gonna go listen to some jew slaying metal.