Page 1 of 9
outbreak,bracewar,municipal waste,black my heart,have heart,toxic narcotic,world inferno friendship society
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Angel City Outcasts
Blanks 77
Born to Lose
Brain Failure
Discipline
Dropkick Murphys
Far From Finished
Flogging Molly
A Global Threat
Kings of Nuthin
Lower Class Brats
Mad Sin
The Repercussions (were only together from 02-05 but I'd still say they're "modern")
The Soviettes
The Suspicion
U.S. Bombs (probably my favorite modern punk band, either them, ACO, or the Repercussions)
Valient Thorr
Quote by DumbKids

Monster Squad

monster squad sucks so hard

anyways
the phenomenauts
clorox girls
whiskey rebels
pressure point
life crisis
parasites go
angel city outcasts
hudson falcons
real mckenzies
workin stiffs
the bodies
the sore thumbs
tommy gun and the bullets
pistol grip
annihilation time
career suicide
Quote by DumbKids
How so?

they are a joke
its just one huge cliche. they just pay generic street punk, sounds like any other band. dress the same, act the same. they have no originality. ive seen them play atleast 10 times, and i guess they have some energy live but the music is just garbage. but thats just my opinion.
I've seen plenty of bands I don't like lots of times. The cool thing about shows is they always have more than one band playing, believe it or not.
Quote by hardrock1315
Angel City Outcasts
Blanks 77
Born to Lose
Brain Failure
Discipline
Dropkick Murphys
Far From Finished
Flogging Molly
A Global Threat
Kings of Nuthin
Lower Class Brats
Mad Sin
The Repercussions (were only together from 02-05 but I'd still say they're "modern")
The Soviettes
The Suspicion
U.S. Bombs (probably my favorite modern punk band, either them, ACO, or the Repercussions)
Valient Thorr

All the bold ones, plus Street Dogs
Quote by Prince
they are a joke
its just one huge cliche. they just pay generic street punk, sounds like any other band. dress the same, act the same. they have no originality. ive seen them play atleast 10 times, and i guess they have some energy live but the music is just garbage. but thats just my opinion.

I haven't listened to much of their music, but they did put on a good show when I saw them.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by Prince
they are a joke

I've seen them once and I think they put on a hell of a show. Thier better musicians then most of the other streetpunk bands I've heard. To each his own I guess.
Against Me!
Flogging Molly
Dropkick Murphy's
Bouncing Souls
Strike Anywhere
The Lawrence Arms

I don't really listen to much modern punk (if you couldn't already tell)

I probably should though.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by ratmjb1212
if you dont like them, why have you seen them atleast 10 times?

Probably cause when there is a punk show in town you go to it regardless of who is playing, or at least that's how it is for me and most people that I know. (unless I didn't like every single band on the bill, which is pretty unlikely)
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by Pick It Up123
hard rocks list for sure.

PLUS_: no-cash, Crack steady stuff, the casualties, The suicide machines

Sadly Suicide doesn't play anymore. They're too lame.

The Adicts
DSNF
Left Alone
Cheap Sex
Unseen
Leftover Crack
Vandals
Quote by VodkaPunk
Sadly Suicide doesn't play anymore. They're too lame.

The Adicts
DSNF
Left Alone
Cheap Sex
Unseen
Leftover Crack
Vandals

Are the Adicts doing anything modern? I hadn't heard about that...
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by UraniYum
Are the Adicts doing anything modern? I hadn't heard about that...

They're still together.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
No The Soviettes split up

The Soviettes were so ace.
GET ME AN AMBULANCE!

Make that a hearse.
Simple Plan! Thy should be made Super Simple Plan cause the simple plan was actually creating a super cool band that plays kick butt punk rock!!1
Turbonegro, Turbonegro, Turbonegro, Turbonegro and Turbonegro.

And Turbonegro (nearly forgot them).
"The Sex Pistols would be vastly improved by sudden death, they are the antithesis of human kind. I would like to see someone dig a huge hole and bury the lot of them in it" Bernard Brook Partridge: London Councilor, 1977
Quote by TheAdict310
They're still together.

Yeah... I thought they only played their old stuff now...
Their new stuff could not possibly be as good as their old stuff could it?
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by UraniYum
Yeah... I thought they only played their old stuff now...
Their new stuff could not possibly be as good as their old stuff could it?

I'm not sure if they've had newer stuff or not, really haven't kept up with them lately.
I really like Against Me! lately.

Authority Zero are pretty original too, if you ask me. Their new album should be out really soon.

Another good one is
Quote by slack babbath
Turbonegro
, as slack babbath already mentioned. Kickass music!
alot of people have dropkcik murphys on their list, and i like dropkcik alot, but does anyone else like their first few albums MUCH more then the newer stuff? becuase i find it much better
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by ratmjb1212
alot of people have dropkcik murphys on their list, and i like dropkcik alot, but does anyone else like their first few albums MUCH more then the newer stuff? becuase i find it much better

Hell yeah. The only ones I can listen to are Do or Die and Singles Collection, Vol. 1.
I like them all. Their older's a little better than their new, but their new certainly isn't bad.
Rumrunner are damn good. They're a local band - and I spent about half an hour today talking with their guitarist, which is cool.
no