How do I tune to drop C with a tuner that's only made for tuning to standard and drop D (flat too)?

I found a way, but correct me if it's wrong since I'm a noob that doesn't know his notes. I know for sure it's not deadly accurate, but I tuned to drop D while fretting the 2nd fret for every string. like for example I tuned to D on the 6th string while fretting the 2 the whole time.

Thank you.
Last edited by cloud041089 at Jan 13, 2007,
if its chromatic u can tune it to anything
Ibanez JTK1 in Butterscotch
Ibanez SAS36FM
Roland Cube40 Chorus
just drop eveythng down a step, then tune it like you would to get to drop d.
or to make it easier... just go buy a Korg chromatic... they're not too bad in the price department... and you can use it to tune anything
when they come for me, i'll be sitting at my desk, with a gun in my hand, wearin a bullet-proof vest, singin: "my my my how the time does fly, when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night"
+1
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
do it by ear, or do it how Vin said. those are the 2 ways i used to do it.
Or you can put it in drop d... Tune it into D standard by holding the 5th fret on the d string, then the next blah blah blah... Then drop it again... Pretty simple...

Or you could do it the half assed way (my way :P)... In Standard, on the low E, hold the 9th fret and tune it down till it sounds the same as the A string, then your E string is in C, then tune with the 7th fret and down tune the a and so on and so on.

That didn't make much sense but I can never explain tuning properly... With a video... Perhaps I could.