I don't know how long I should wait until I ask for a raise. I've been working at Walgreens for about 6 months and making $7 an hour. I also usually do more than I should. For example, last night I closed the store and the other people in there were 2 new people and the photo girl who had to leave early. Yesterday I did EVERYONE's closing duties. For the front cashier person I did the thrash and vacummed. For the photo girl I swept and mopped and fixed up the cooler and freezer. For this other guy that was on the floor I did most of the returns and fixed up the store a bit. I did all this when all I was really supposed to do was pull all the items on the shelfs to the front to make it look nice. The only real reason I did this was because the 2 people that were there were new and didn't know how to do it and we were running low on time so I had to do it fast. Anyway how would I go about asking for a raise?
say you need a week off, then when your boss see's the other ppl can't do shit he/she will know who can pull thier weight.
Quote by _Mayday_
Don't. As you said, those people were new. They'll get used to it.

Well I just used last night as an example. I still do more than expected most days I work there, just not as much as yesterday.
Well you have only been there 6 months give it another month then ask the boss nicely if you could get a raise considering the work you do. Outline the things you do as well
Quote by slash_620
"I want a raise"

Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Tell the boss that you do more than you are supposed too and that you think you deserve a raise?
He can't be angry can he?
Don't know really.

Otherwise just use a knife as someone said above.
Quote by Masamune
Well I just used last night as an example. I still do more than expected most days I work there, just not as much as yesterday.

Then just straight out ask your boss. If he declines, stop doing more than expected.
I doubt you'll get one at a chain store. Everyone earns the same usually.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles
I doubt you'll get one at a chain store. Everyone earns the same usually.

Not really, I know some people that work there with the same job title and they make more than me. Of course, they've been there alot longer than I have. I probably doubt I would be able to get one either.