Anyone know much about this pedal? I know any pedal with metal in its name is terrible so I'll be dodging those like the plague. I have an excellent amp for band practices and gigging, but I need a distortion pedal for my BC rich vintage combo amp, so when my JSX is at my jam space, I can play my combo and pedal at home.

I play hardcore/metal/shred (heavy palm muted riffs, drop tuned and searing solos)

I was just wondering how good of a distortion pedal this is, as it won the "Guitar World Platinum award" and "Total Guitar Best Buy Award", but I know Krank amps are ridiculously bad for the price.

Thanks for your input in advance!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
You think Krank are rediculously bad for the price? Mmm, I'm yet to play one to form my opinion... From sound clips I heard, it's very unique sound, while very punchy and dark.

I heard the Randall Warhead at a show last night, and I'd give my left testicle AND sell my soul for one... it was amazing.

As far as teh Maximus pedal.. Maybe they have a trial period with it, i'd check into that.. see if you can return it if you dont like it.
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
Yeaah Im looking for more reviews on it right now, I've actually yet to form my own opinion on a krank aswell, but all I've heard has been negative comments.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Well i think you might be able to get the new Peavey Mini Colossal isntead!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I've never heard of the Peavey Mini Collosal, I'll go check it out, thanks man
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
I just checked out the Mini colossal, and its about 600$, I was hoping to keep the price around 200 rather than 600$, I already have the BC rich vintage combo, and it works excelelnt with distortion pedals because this amp only has a clean channel, there isnt much gain at all, barely enough for blues. Anyone know anything about the Mini colossal?
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Not to hijack, but how does the JSX sound w/your 1960V (V30's) opposed to the Shefields in the peavey cab?

I'll start a new thread about cabs and speakers for the JSX / XXX-

Also, OP- if you find sound bytes online, do share... I'm interesting hearing what the Krank stomp sounds like.
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
Last edited by MrSandMan at Jan 13, 2007,
The V30's are much better suited for this head than the Shefields in the peavey cab, atleast IMO.
I find that with the V30's it never gets muddy, it can handle the perfect amount of bass (I play ridiculously heavey music) and I can't stand muddyness, and thats why I went with this cab. It cuts through perfectly when playing gigs, you can hear my solo's sear over my whole band. It was one of the best decisions I made.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded