My guitar teacher gave me a loaded pickguard to look at it has SD's in it. What confused me was that on one of the tone pots it looks like there is two pots stacked on top of each other. Is this a certain type of pot ?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Can you elaborate on that a little? Like what does it do, benefits. All I know is that he lifted it straight out of a strat, something that comes with all strats?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Some pots just have knobs stacked to save space, so one half may be volume for one pickup and the other half will be volume for another pickup maybe. I dont know of anything like this that is standard on strats, only the S-1 switching system which is a button that sits on top of the volume control so could it be that?
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Here is a pic. It looks just like two pots stacked on top.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

It's a TBX, or Treble Bass Cut for tone control. It's usually a stacked 500K/1M ohm tone control pot that cuts either the treble or the bass instead of just cutting the treble frequencies.

On one of my Strats, number 5 is the Off or no cut position. Then it works as a high-pass filter in one direction and a low-pass filter in the other.
Is it installed after purchase, or does it sometimes come standard?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Some guitars have them as standard, though is a common aftermarket addition also.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Lordoflax
Is it installed after purchase, or does it sometimes come standard?

I think they're available as standard on some older Strats but they're definitely available as an option or upgrade for modding. On my first mod, the MIJ Strat came with the TBX and vintage PUs which I changed to DiMarzio Blues, Heavy Blues, and Solo Pro.

You can still buy them from MusiciansEnemy for $13.

Thanks for the help Ippon

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!