Im wanting to install a mic in my acoustic guitar. How would i be doing this, just putting in a 1/4" jack in the side of my guitar with a mic inside? Is there any sites where it explains what i have to do? Were can i buy what i need? and i want to get a small amp for amplifing it. What are the price ranges on a acoustic amps(links please). Thanks
If you are using a mic you don't want to use an acoustic amp, you will want a PA or a keyboard amp. Roland makes some really good keyboard amps.

The mic that you will need to get is called a mini condenser. There are several brands out there. I don't know wich are best. I really don't like internal mics though. External mics sound so much better and they feedback less. If you need to be able to move around then I'd suggest getting an undersaddle transducer or a soundboard transducer pickup rather than a mic. If you get a transducer then you might want to get an acoustic amp.

The pickup or mic will come with instructions. Undersaddle pickups should be installed by a pro because they are easy to break. The mic and the soundboard pickups are pretty easy to install yourself but it's pointless explaining the whole thing here. If you know how to use a drill and you know how to use tape, then you shouldn't have any problems following the instructions that come with whatever you end up getting.
Not taking any online orders.
I think he may be talking about an accoustic pickup. Are you?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus

Slight miss understanding, I meant the thread starter may be talking about pic ups. Because he was talking about running it through an amp.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
I doubt he is.

Don't undersaddle transducers, soundboard transducers and internal mics all require a pre-amp?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

LR baggs has several preamps that that hook on your belt that are pretty cheap. You will want a preamp with a notch filter if you are running through a PA. There are actually 2 types of soundboard transducers. The type you are looking at is made from a rigid plate. Those actually sound better with an acoustic guitar amp. If you have an acoustic amp you shouldn't need a preamp. The soundboard transducers that fit on the bridge plate of the guitar, like B band and LR Baggs sell, are flexible. The flexible ones are the ones that sound best through a PA.
Not taking any online orders.