um...dont murder me for asking this but...when i pinch harmonics on my fender stratocaster( which i am in love with) it doesent always work that good, and i sometimes have to turn the pu switching to the bridge pu 4 it to work...is it me or my guitar because i heard that single coil pu'ps are not very good for the pinchin'.

oh.. and i have a instructor video of joe satriani which teaches how to do that scream thing (where he uses the whammy and puts his arm on the treble pickups above the strings )and ive tried it for ages following step by step and it just wont scream!!!

plz...help me.......im cold and lonely...
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
i had the kramer version of a strat (SSS) and it worked really well on that... it seems to me that it's just you
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I don't play guitar, but on bass I usually have to use the bridge pickup and play close to the bridge for difficult harmonics.
you might need to practice at it a bit more. you can pinch on anything. hell I've gotten a pinch on an acoustic guitar... obviously without distortion it'll sound like nothing but i can tell I've hit it.
you should try on easy places... like around the 12th and 5th frets... i think the 13th fret is one of the easiest places to do them
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
yeah the same thing happens to me on my strat. my ibanez recently broke, and its a lot harder to pinch harmonics on a strat....and also...

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO START A NEW THREAD???
I also own a fender strat and have some difficulty with pinch harmonics. I think its just the pickups though because on my jackson with EMG pickups i can pull them off all the time with ease.
Quote by devilscruffs14
yeah the same thing happens to me on my strat. my ibanez recently broke, and its a lot harder to pinch harmonics on a strat....and also...

go to the forum you want to start the thread in and click the thing above the thread listing that says new thread
The morning will come

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath

you go to a forum, lets say "the pit", and in the above left screen theres a cube saying start new thread.
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
pinch right between the neck and mid pickup, and you can't do the scream with a strat, you need a floating tremolo. I tried it on my squier and broke the trem off.
Dickless.
I've got a Squier Fat Strat, I can get PHs fine, but sometimes it's moody and doesn't wanna do it. Make sure Gain is real high, and you've got a decent amp ( I don't...).
I have the same proplem, tryed it on my mates les paul and I could do it. But with singles its more difficult.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Yeah, you can pretty much do pinch harmonics on any guitar. Even on acoustic, which is fun. You just have to work on what you are doing with your pick... cuz the way it is supposed to happen is the pick hits the string then touches your finger for a milisecond or so, making it squeal. It takes a little while to get down, but make sure you are doing that. Then, eventually, you can learn how to do them with no pick at all! It's a little difficult, but possible.