Hi,

What do you all use for playing solos, for instance Led Zeppelins Heartbreaker. There are so many pull-offs and hammer-ons that the sound on my guitar fades out after a while. I have an amplifier with that overdrive thingy and a multi effect pedal but none of them seems to manage this. I don't have a really good guitar (I bought it for about 350$). Is any of the above the problem or do I just play it wrong?

Thanks for the help!
Whatever your effect is just doesn't have enough sustain on it, is my guess.
Your issue is not enough sustain, yes?

While it is likely a slight flaw in your technique, you could fiz the problem with a compressor. You might be able to find a compressor on your multi-effects pedal.

Oh, we write money as $350. The dollar sign comes before the number, but the cent sign comes after the number.
Your pull-offs and hammer-ons should, in theory, be strong enough to make a full-bodied sound without the string being picked prior to them. I'd suggest you work more on your finger strength and accuracy if you want your p/h's sound better, not look for some magic effect.

Just spend 10-15 minutes a day doing chromatics and thrills with pull-off's/hammers only, different combinations of fingers/shapes; you'll improve vastly in a matter of weeks if you stick to it.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Your issue is not enough sustain, yes?

While it is likely a slight flaw in your technique, you could fiz the problem with a compressor. You might be able to find a compressor on your multi-effects pedal.

Oh, we write money as $350. The dollar sign comes before the number, but the cent sign comes after the number.

he COULD be from quebec, but thats not the point.

try gain, more sustain, and some overdrive