ok so i wanna figure out a way to use a laptop+guitar rig+a pa or 4x12 cab to play with a band.

my friend dosent have an amp and wants to jam, so i thought of using guitar rig hooked up to a 4x12 cab, or a cheap pa system

is it even possible how would it work
i was thinkin

p.a. system running into the pcs speaker input using a 1/4-1/8 adapter, then running the guitar into the pcs mic input using a 1/4 to 1/8th adapter.
im thinkin this will work.

another idea which i dont know if it will work is hooking up the 4x12 cab into the pc's speaker input using a 1/4-1/8 adapter (using a regular instrument cable, is that safe?). then connect the guitar into the mic input using a 1/4-1/8

will any of these ideas work,
can u guys suggest any other ideas,
we have no money and a 4x12 cab, i have a cheap 20 watt rouge amp i dont knwo if itll work witht he cab, but i doub tit how ca i chek?

I JUST WANNA JAM TODAY!!!
well hooking it up to the comp wont work i dont think b/c it doesnt have anything to power the cab. so that might be outa the question. the pa wont work either i dont think b/c the pc speakers probly wont be able to handle all the watts .

but, there is hope, if you have a combo amp, usually there is a cable or wire connecting the head to the speaker, so if you can find it, sometimes they use a cable, and you can unplug that and plug another into the head, and then put the other end into the cab.

how do you have a 4x12 but no amp...?
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
Quote by flyingv_m3

how do you have a 4x12 but no amp...?

Stolen???

But yeah, I have a Fender 25W Combo, and there is a "External Speaker" jack on the front. You run a speaker cable from that into the input of the cab.
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
no there isnt a external thing on the amp

but yea i have 2 cabs a 4x12 and a 2x12 im going to use my 2x12 with my head, but my frined dosent have an amp so im tryin to think of shit last minute
Here's the deal...

I record directly to my G5 Imac with NO INTERFACE... I was told I needed one - bought 2 different ones (a Fastrack and an M-Audio Audio Buddy) - discovered I didn't need any and traded them for some multi-effect pedals. I plug my Guitar (Les Paul with HB's) directly into my Imac's SOUND IN using a simple 1/4" -> 1/8" adaptor - works great with Logic Express, Amplitube 2, Guitar Rig 2, etc... I also run my Zoom G2 into it sometimes BUT I wasn't happy with my computer subwoofer/speakers - just not BALLSY enough like a real amp - now discovered I can run my guitar into my Imac and run the SOUND OUT (on the Imac) directly to my old tube amp - using the same type adapter plugging into my instrument input and using LE with Amplitube 2 or Guitar Rig 2 can pump it all into my Amp and crank!!! Using my Amp as my AMPLIFIED computer speakers and I get all kinds of Amps using different sims... Schaweeeeet. I'm using a 15-watt 1963 Tube Amp but my SS amps work great too - no effects loop needed either just plug into the instrument INPUT on the amp! Would also work sweet with the Crate Powerblock and a small bottom...
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!