does eric clapton play the lead on while my guitar gently weeps???

who plays the lead guitar on back in the USSR?
Yes clapton play on while my guitar gently weeps.

I think It's either George or Paul on back in the USSR.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by t_charnock63

ok, all stupidity aside, heres the beatles.

all of them sign and songwrite

george harrison- lead guitar

paul mcartney- bass

john lennon- rythem(sp) guitar

ringo star(right?)- drums.

im pretty sure thats right, correct me if im wrong, but im like 80% sure

no, eric clapton does not play with the beatles. (or at least i dont think he does)
John Entwistle is my God. RIP.

listening to you, I get the music, gazing at you, I feel the heat, following you, I climb the mountain, I get excitement at your feet.
<3 tommy.
Paul plays drums and the lead guitar on Back in the USSR, Ringo actually quit the band for 2 weeks in 1968 and Paul played drums on a few tracks on the white album.
Clapton is indeed playing Goerge's beloved Red Gibson Les Paul through a leslie speaker effect for the lead on WMGGW
well i no whos in the band but i read it on a tab on here so thought i wud ask, for god sake whos is right and wrong
Learning something new every day.

I learnt that Eric Clapton played guitar in 'while my guitar gently weeps'
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
[quote="'[the"]whorocks']ok, all stupidity aside, heres the beatles.

all of them sign and songwrite

george harrison- lead guitar

paul mcartney- bass

john lennon- rythem(sp) guitar

ringo star(right?)- drums.

im pretty sure thats right, correct me if im wrong, but im like 80% sure

no, eric clapton does not play with the beatles. (or at least i dont think he does)

He did, He played lead on While my guitar gently weeps, one of the only musicians to do so.

And George, Paul and John all swapped around playing either rhythm or lead.
wow, i did to. (learned something new)
John Entwistle is my God. RIP.

listening to you, I get the music, gazing at you, I feel the heat, following you, I climb the mountain, I get excitement at your feet.
<3 tommy.
Clapton plays lead slide guitar on While My Guitar Gently Weeps. That is a well known fact.

/thread.
ICE
CREAM
IS
GONNA
SAVE
THE
DAY
...AGAIN
Quote by t_charnock63

Why didn't you just look it up?
Geroge and Eric were really good friends (even though Clapton would eventually steal George's wife Patty) and so they wrote that song together. Clapton played the solo and lead work with a red Les Paul. After the recording was done Eric gave Geroge the Les Paul and George ended up using it on alot of Abbey Road.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
Quote by led_zep_00
Geroge and Eric were really good friends (even though Clapton would eventually steal George's wife Patty) and so they wrote that song together. Clapton played the solo and lead work with a red Les Paul. After the recording was done Eric gave Geroge the Les Paul and George ended up using it on alot of Abbey Road.

They didnt write the song together.
O funny story, after Eric stole George's wife patty, Eric asked George to play at their wedding and he said yes. Ha.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
Quote by fronkpies
They didnt write the song together.

yeah you're right.
The Set-Up

Quote by led_zep_00

I'm pretty sure George wote it himself, but i may be wrong
Quote by led_zep_00
yeah you're right.

Do I detect some sarcasm?