Page 1 of 3

I just saw this movie last night, and it is AWESOME.

Very intense at a few parts.

You shall ALL go see it!
My God, it's full of stars!
i really really really wanna see this(and i quit drugs like 5 years ago)
I watched this the other night, due to some critic raving about it.

I really loved it. Some parts are pretty gruesome, bottle in the face for example
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
It's amazing, so incredibly well done. This is probably one of my favorite movies now, and I shall definitely buy it when it comes out on DVD.
im under your bed

healing your wife
Quote by Mathamology
One day that guy is gonna lose a whole arm to that blender

and that shall be the day I laugh the hardest
Quote by markazord
im under your bed

healing your wife

I was upset when he found the milk
Quote by burningcowsrule
That thing looks like it has a pair of testicles dangling from its chin. 2 in fact.

That "thing" is so awesome and creepy. I love it
I've read a little about it and is that the "Pale Man"? It looks awesome. I don't think it's in an theatres near me though
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Yeah it's really awesome. Perfectly shot, great story and great acting.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
The only things wrong with that film was it was a bit short, other than that it was great.

PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Last edited by Blackbullet at Jan 21, 2007,
I guess kind of 'rushed', but not as harsh as that. I think I was enjoying it so much I didn't really want it to end
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
i've been wanting to see it for the last couple of weeks, since around Christmas...still haven't gotten to it
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
I wanna see it. But, it's not in any theaters in my state yet...I'll have to wait til the 19th.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
'decemeber'

K. I'm done.

This is the first I've heard of this movie, though I haven't been into movies for a few months. What's it like/about, horror? (I could search it, but since you made a thread, you can tell me...)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Agh! I wanna see that badly! Saw it advertised on some entertainment show and it got me curious.

I must get the dvd when it comes out.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
I read about this in fangora, and wanted to see it. Only place near me that its playing at is san diego, and there no way in hell i'm driving to san diego to see a movie.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
This was easily the best movie of 2006, and is definitely one of my favourite movies of all time. I saw it at the cinema back in December and was totally blown away by it. It was absolutely magnificent. I loved everything about it: the harsh brutality, the magical fantasy, the heart-wrenching ending, everything. If you haven't seen it, you must. It is truely amazing.

i thought it was fantastic. really did. it was quite surprising though because i was sitting there happily thinking it was a kind of fairly tale type thing, and then a guy gets his teeth and face smashed in with the blunt end of a bottle in the most casual way imaginable.

did anyone else immediately think he looked like hitler with the hair, glasses and military trenchcoat, right after the train crash? he kind of turned towards the camera and the storm was starting, it was possible the best shot of the film. i'd buy a poster of that particular scene actually.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Wow I cant believe im reading this.

I saw this crap last night, and all I can say is: "It sucks."

Seriously, do yourself a favor and miss out on this crap. Stupidest movie of 2006. Not even scary, not enough blood (come on, remember when the captain got shot in the face at the end?) cheesy CGI and "special effects" and not to mention the script was terrible. I swear a high schooler wrote this sh*t.

Do yourself a favor and see Apocalypto instead.
Quote by JMack
i didnt get my first erection until i was 17.

what a queerbait

Founder of the "I got my first erection before I was 17 club."

PM me to join
I saw a preview for it about 4 months ago and it looked awesome. Haven't heard much of it after that.
Quote by Blood_Covered

Seriously, do yourself a favor and miss out on this crap. Stupidest movie of 2006. Not even scary, not enough blood (come on, remember when the captain got shot in the face at the end?) cheesy CGI and "special effects" and not to mention the script was terrible. I swear a high schooler wrote this sh*t.

I am incapable of telling whether you're an idiot or just not funny. Both are totally faesible. Please dont post stupid comments about brilliant films.
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
Man, that poster looks freaky as fuck, I hope it comes out in UK cinemas. It'd beat watching Night at the Museum for the third time...
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
^ it was on at picturehouse cinemas when it was released (a while back now - early december?). I don't know if you'll catch it in cineworld or odeon, but if theres an indie cinema near you they might show it
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.
lol, "brilliant films"
Quote by JMack
i didnt get my first erection until i was 17.

what a queerbait

Founder of the "I got my first erection before I was 17 club."

PM me to join
Quote by Blood_Covered

I have just emboldened the most idiotic thing ever said. Ever. Lots of blood does not make a film scary, nor does it make a film good. You, sir, are a total fucking retard (to put it mildly).

Also, "cheesy CGI and "special effects"" is a ridiculous criticism to level against this movie. Firstly, you shouldn't judge a movie that doesn't rely on having special effects as it's only real selling point (like The Matrix does) on the quality of it's special effects. Secondly, the CGI and effects in the film were actually pretty good, for example the rendering of the faun was pretty impressive.

As for "the script was terrible. I swear a high schooler wrote this sh*t", that just smacks of ignorance and idiocy. Yes, it is a fantasy film, but that doesn't mean it's childish. The film is beautifully written and deals with more issues than just a little girl's fantasy world, such as war, family, concepts of reality and imagination, etc., etc..

It seems, to be honest, that you are pretty much the only person in the entire world to think this wasn't an amazing movie. The whole thread thinks it is, as do the critics and it has already reached 136 on the IMDB top 250 movies of all time. Pretty impressive and, I imagine, unprecedented for a brand new movie, especially given that it is a foreign language film, out on (at the moment) limited release only (in the UK at least), with none of the massive hype for films like Apocalypto (which I haven't seen yet, so can't comment on).

Quote by Blood_Covered

Stick to your teen comedies and horror remakes then you fucking philistine.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
What's it about?
From what I can tell, there's some gory shit in it... I don't do well with gore =(
But I haven't seen it advertised in the UK anyway.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by robbie
I have just emboldened the most idiotic thing ever said. Ever. Lots of blood does not make a film scary, nor does it make a film good. You, sir, are a total fucking retard (to put it mildly).

Also, "cheesy CGI and "special effects"" is a ridiculous criticism to level against this movie. Firstly, you shouldn't judge a movie that doesn't rely on having special effects as it's only real selling point (like The Matrix does) on the quality of it's special effects. Secondly, the CGI and effects in the film were actually pretty good, for example the rendering of the faun was pretty impressive.

As for "the script was terrible. I swear a high schooler wrote this sh*t", that just smacks of ignorance and idiocy. Yes, it is a fantasy film, but that doesn't mean it's childish. The film is beautifully written and deals with more issues than just a little girl's fantasy world, such as war, family, concepts of reality and imagination, etc., etc..

It seems, to be honest, that you are pretty much the only person in the entire world to think this wasn't an amazing movie. The whole thread thinks it is, as do the critics and it has already reached 136 on the IMDB top 250 movies of all time. Pretty impressive and, I imagine, unprecedented for a brand new movie, especially given that it is a foreign language film, out on (at the moment) limited release only (in the UK at least), with none of the massive hype for films like Apocalypto (which I haven't seen yet, so can't comment on).

:snyper:
wait.. Pan, isnt that some happy satyr god from greek mythology playing pan pipes?
Quote by Mister.Y
wait.. Pan, isnt that some happy satyr god from greek mythology playing pan pipes?

Yes

lol
Quote by robbie

Actually, the faun wasn't computer generated at all. What you saw was the beautiful possibility that makeup and prosthetics can achieve. The man who played the faun, Doug Jones, is the same guy who played the Pale Man. Neither of the two were computer generated.

Man, I love this movie :snyper:
I watched it last night at my uni's art center. Simply amazing and fantastic, Doug Jones was amazing.
Quote by Dreadnought
Actually, the faun wasn't computer generated at all. What you saw was the beautiful possibility that makeup and prosthetics can achieve. The man who played the faun, Doug Jones, is the same guy who played the Pale Man. Neither of the two were computer generated.

Man, I love this movie :snyper:

I knew it was Doug Jones in a suit, but I thought maybe some CGI was in there somewhere. I am surprised, and hugely impressed with the makeup/prosthetics/mechanics/costume/props/etc. department too. The faun and the pale man suits were really incredible. I will certainly be buying it on DVD when it comes out.

I wasn't expecting this to be a gory horror film. How graphic is this movie?
Gibson Les Paul Classic w/Stetsbar
Fender MIM Strat w/ EMG DG20 System
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Memory Boy
Maxon OD9
EHX Big Muff
Vox Wah
EHX POG
Page 1 of 3