ok, so i was listening to some songs on black holes and revelations, and my main question is...how the hell does he do the intro to map of the problematique? that seriously baffles me...i heard that he has a midi guitar and runs it through an arpeggieator? if anyone knows how he does this, please post how he does, what he uses, and how it is all connected, because i would love to be able to do effects like that...

also, what is the vocal effect the bassist uses in the chorus for supermassive black hole? (watch the sessions at aol or 4music video to see what i am talking about)

thanks
Originally posted by SoFad
Guys, I'm in need of desperate help, it's been like 2 weeks since my last dump. I can't get there anymore

wow, good luck

Quote by MorelloMan1992

elephants.

buttsecks.

elephant buttsecks
Last edited by 6stringwizard at Jan 13, 2007,
Sorry, I'm don't know too much about his newer stuff, but he plays it on the Kaoss manson, so there's all sorts of stuff he could be doing to it. Also, he experiments with it, It sounds a bit differant everytime I've heard it played.

EDIT: lol, i can't believe i didn't think of this
Musewiki <--use it, It's your friend that should ahve all the info you're looking for, I know it says what Chris sings through.

EDIT #2: It could have been the M1D1 manson, I didn't get a good look at it, but i deffinately saw a kaoss pad
Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Last edited by Wolverus at Jan 13, 2007,
His gear is all custom made from Manson, he has alsorts of crap put in his guitar like a midi roller controller for a Digitech whammy, A Fuzz Factory, Distortions, his Kaoss Pad & allsorts of other crap.

Try watching a live video if you can?
That might help solve it.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Sorry for double posting, but...

Bellamy uses Hugh Manson custom guitars made in Exeter, Devon. He currently has ten Mansons, as well as a number of others by other manufacturers. The first and most famous is his silver Manson. Bellamy came up with the basic concept for this guitar and Hugh Manson helped him realise it. It has a built-in Z.Vex Fuzz Factory which gives Bellamy his distinctive sound and the ability to use controlled feedback. In addition, it has a MXR Phase 90 phaser, a Roland midi pickup and uses Seymour Duncan and Kent Armstrong pickups. All of his other Mansons follow this same basic design (apart for Bellamy's 7 string which was not actually built for him) with some just having different pickups and finishes, as with his mirrored Manson, and some taking the idea even further. Matt's black Manson has a MIDI strip that controls a Digitech Whammy IV, when it is connected, a Z.Vex Wah Probe and a number of other built in effects. For the new album, Black Holes and Revelations, he bought a new guitar, the "Black Kaoss Manson". The guitar features two hot P-90s on the bridge, a Fernandes Sustainer System on the neck and a Kaoss Pad. He also bought the M1D1, which is similar to the Black Kaoss Manson but has a Bare Knuckle Nail Bomb humbucker in the bridge position and a Fernandes Sustainer System (FSK-101 model, which is the humbucker version of the latter one) on the neck. He is also known to use a Jackson Randy Rhodes model on stage and has previously played Ibanez too. Bellamy uses Diezel amp heads which are hand made in Germany, along with Marshall Mode Four cabinets, Soldano Cabinets and Line 6 digital effects. Most of Bellamy's rack effects are made with Line 6 modules.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Matt had a custom guitar built for him that has an active MIDI pickup with a console somewhere. More could be learned in Wikipedia.

EDIT: Gaaah, beaten to it, but he explained it way better.
Quote by unplugtheradio

fall out boy in the mainstream>dragonforce in the mainstream

*dodges tomatoes, chairs, sink, rocks, and bullets*
I think i may know the answer.....
Well i was in the same situation as you a while ago.
At first i thought it was a synth, so i thought i could substitute it with that line 6 FM4 filter/synth pedal using the "obi wah". Although it sounded good, it was not correct. The obi was a random arpeggiator thing. When i bought the tab book i realised that it is a sequence.

I seen on youtube someone playing it on a MS2000 Korg synth and then i saw the same guy playing it on guitar.> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ckc9JBCwks

My plan? I was getting a GK-20 synth with a Roland hex pickup thing anyway. I thought if i plugged (because its MIDI) that into something like a korg ms2000br rack, then i could get that effect. Could I? someone answer please?
The start of Map of the problematique is played by a fourth bloke on stage when the play live. It's a backing track played on the keyboards.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by beckyjc
I doubt this is how bellamy does it but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP3CE7jCtlQ
IMO, very close, although not perfect, very cool, I want the turbo flange just for the sake of that.

I had seen that a while ago and thought it sounded good, but now that i've listened to the track i think it sounds kinda stupid because MOTP is a sequence of octave leaps played the same the whole way out, and that is just a random flanger filter/digital stepper thing. Good substitute though.
I was searching around for a tab for the intro for MOTP because I thought it was some kind of cool tapping riff or something. I was severely disappointed when I found out it's just a power chord