All right, so I was just sitting there playing my guitar this morning when all of a sudden the noise when out... I jiggled the cable around, and it came back in; but when I move it to the wrong spot, it goes out. So basically, my input jack isn't really working. I took it out and tried tightening it, but that didn't really work. Normally I wouldn't be too worried, but I have a gig tonight at 7:30. So what can I do?! I think I do have an extra jack lying around from a while ago; would I be fine if I just swapped them out (assuming I can find it)?
It's probably the soldering gone bad on the inside, if you take it to a shop it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to completely fix. If it takes longer they're just lazy ****s.
This has happened to me twice. Most likely, one of the wires inside your jack is disconnected and needs to be soldered. When I took it to a shop to get fixed, it took three days to get it back, but the second time I just had my father do a bang up soldering job. Unscrew the jack and look to see if that's what the problem is.
All right, I'll go check the wiring. I can solder myself, so it's no problem. If it makes a difference the jack seems to move around a lot; it's really loose.

EDIT: So on the inside there's one cable coming from the inside wiring that splits into two right before meeting the jack. One of them is a white cable, which seems fine, and the other splits into like 20-30 different short little bare wires, and it looks as if only maybe 5 of them are actually soldered on. Would this likely be my problem?
Last edited by De Amazing Blob at Jan 13, 2007,
yep, thats the problem i bet. try that. i had the same problem with my old guitar. i never really got it fixed but what i did was jiggle the cord until the sound came through and then i taped it in that position. ghetto but worked.. then again i didnt have a gig.
Mine still does this. It has only fallen out a few times, and the only problems I've found is that I wonder why I am getting no sound.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Agh, jenny has a pretty helpful picture of the guitar input and wires, but I can't find it at the moment,
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr

connect that black wire back on the other lug where it belongs. buy a $10 soldering iron kit and follow the instructions on it. should take abou 2 mins.
and next time follow the instructions on the pic if ur jack ever becomes loose again.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011