I have read loads of threads on here about whats good and whats bad. I asked for peoples opinions on a schecter hellraiser and a washburn x50. I ended up with a PRS se singlecut as I felt it was a much more comfortable shape and neck, it just felt natural.

However, the pickups it came with can get a little "muddy" if thats the phrase, I play and let stuff ring out and its all a little confused sounding when I crank up the distortion on my shite amp. I have thought about changing the pickups, I am in the Uk, and have heard all about these bare knuckles and swinesheads and I was wondering:

A, which are better, and why?

B, how do they compare to say dimarzio and seymour duncans?

C, If I do replace what I have will they sound better than the stock PRS ones I have?

If anyone does answer, thanks. I think I may have just rewritten War and Peace
Quote by mr.joopy987
Get a new amp, it will affect your tone way more than new pickups will.

+1
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Depends on what amp you HAVE. If it's a nice tube amp...then it's gotta be your pups.

A, which are better, and why? I don't know much about swineheads, but alot of the guys you should be listening on this forum said they're great for their price. Honestly, it's basically like this. If you have the money for BKP's...get em'. I have the mules and I love them, worth the money! *375USD on the pups and 100USD for the labor*

B, how do they compare to say dimarzio and seymour duncans? I say they're alot better...from what I hear that is. I havn't played dimarzio's but I have played duncans and I honestly, I think the BKP's are ALOT better.

C, If I do replace what I have will they sound better than the stock PRS ones I have? Yes, duh.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
so you lied about getting the c-1, arent you a wonderful person.

anyways, since you are in europe, i would stay away from dimarzio and seymour duncan, since they will cost you an arm and a leg over there. as for what models and what not of BK's and swinsheads, i have no idea.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Nope, I had the C1 and I didn't like the sound with what I have, it was rubbish, no versitility, the neck was not as nice etc. I took it back. I went to another place and thought lets give this a go and it was miles better, the X50 was bovril compared to the prs for feel etc. And I did give the C1 a good 5 days or so. The Amp I have is an avt 275 combo

So there, tuba aren't you a wonderful person.
bkp's are better and they actually are noticable that they sound better. the guy that put mine in said that he usually doesn't notice much of a difference when people replace pups but the bk's sounded alot better and clearer which was what i wanted. the neck mule sounds as clear as a single coil when there is distortion but it still has the huge sound of a humbucker. go for bkp if you have the money and talk to the owner tim from links on the site and he will recomend pups for what you want.
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
Quote by Jinskee
Depends on what amp you HAVE. If it's a nice tube amp...then it's gotta be your pups.

A, which are better, and why? I don't know much about swineheads, but alot of the guys you should be listening on this forum said they're great for their price. Honestly, it's basically like this. If you have the money for BKP's...get em'. I have the mules and I love them, worth the money! *375USD on the pups and 100USD for the labor*

B, how do they compare to say dimarzio and seymour duncans? I say they're alot better...from what I hear that is. I havn't played dimarzio's but I have played duncans and I honestly, I think the BKP's are ALOT better.

C, If I do replace what I have will they sound better than the stock PRS ones I have? Yes, duh.

+1, basically.

I think BKP's are generally considered to be better than SH, but SH are still really good, so to speak. Both are better than any duncans or dimmy's I've tried, in my opinion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^

Btw, what kind of music do you play? Maybe we could help you to pick out a specific pup?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
anything heavy really, love a nice clean, but then I am all over a good distortion for classic rock, metal etc. I like to mix it up, but play loads of different types of rock and mtal, but not so much death or black, but then when it comes to king diamond or mercyful fate I am there, not that their riffs are quite so extreme as say immortal or something like that
Quote by tubadude
so you lied about getting the c-1, arent you a wonderful person.

anyways, since you are in europe, i would stay away from dimarzio and seymour duncan, since they will cost you an arm and a leg over there. as for what models and what not of BK's and swinsheads, i have no idea.

Dimarzio's and Seymour Duncan's aren't too expensive in UK if you can find it... www.thomann.de, it's around £50 ish per pickup. Mind you it's still more expensive than SH
Quote by turkish_bathmat
anything heavy really, love a nice clean, but then I am all over a good distortion for classic rock, metal etc. I like to mix it up, but play loads of different types of rock and mtal, but not so much death or black, but then when it comes to king diamond or mercyful fate I am there, not that their riffs are quite so extreme as say immortal or something like that

warthog bridge, condor neck (or runaway neck for slightly better/more modern distortion, and slightly worse cleans)

Quote by Mwoit
Dimarzio's and Seymour Duncan's aren't too expensive in UK if you can find it... www.thomann.de, it's around £50 ish per pickup. Mind you it's still more expensive than SH

yeah, you'd have to add postage to that though, unless you order something else at the same time to bring the order to over 300 euros...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?