Hi

I have a Hughes and Kettner Vortex 212 amp and it has FX SEND and FX RETURN so I thought I could plug my pedals in here. I put a DS1 and a Tubescreamer reissue from send to return and it was very quiet and didnt sound good at all so I wiggled a couple of cables but it didnt seem to help. I unplugged them and the amp was still quiet but faded in and out. I left the amp and came back the next day and found it was still quiet but when I turned it up loud it seemed to clear itself ( a bit like blowing your nose if you know what I mean). It worked ok until I turned it off for a while and then it was the same again. I tried it the next day and it came on fine with only a small loss of sound 5 mins in but its been fine since. I dont know if its anything to do with this but the battery in the Tubescreamer went completely flat as if it was shorted out. Any ideas why this happened?

Thanks

RA
you're meant to plug overdrives and distortions into the front (input) of the amp, not the fx loop.

guitar->od/dist/wah/comp (and other pedals like that)->amp

then fx send ->chorus/delay/reverb/flanger (and other pedals like that, modulation and time-based fx)-> fx return
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
try it?

or of you want to use fx, try it with the correct fx plugged into the correct places, lol.

or does the fx loop have a level control? maybe it was just down?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?