I am looking to pick up a distortion pedal for a vintage BC rich combo amp, this pedal needs to have enough gain to handle Hardcore/metal/shred (anything chuggy, heavy palm muted and drop tuned, as well as searing solos), but I dont want to get a pedal with "metal" in its name.

I previously owned a Digitech deathmetal, and ohhh man I gave that thing away so fast, I couldnt stand it.

I've heard the EHX Big Muff are excellent, but Im not sure if it'd be able to handle that much gain?
By the way I'll be trying all the pedals that you recommend out, I was just hoping to have a better idea by asking experienced players what they think.

Thanks in advance!!

p.s. Im picking a dist pedal up so that when my JSX is at my jam space, I can play a decent sound at home.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Yeah thats on the top of my list, the metal muff and big muff! Thanks!!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
doesnt a metal muff have metal in the name. Not being picky or anything but its obviously too much of a generalization to say no pedal with metal in its name.
I've heard all over this site to "stay away from any pedal with metal in its name", and besides that I basically havnt heard a pedal with "metal" in its name sound good.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded