Ok, i just got a wah like 4 hours ago, and i find it to be extremely difficult to use... Can you guys give me some tips/instructions/what to not do's/ what do do's? Even though i know i only had it a short time and i haven't grasped the idea yet, i still want to use it to play something. It is a Zakk Wylde Crybaby btw, i don't know why people flame it so much around here, to my ears it sounds pretty good... So please, some help would be appreciated.

:snyper:
pump it up and down man.
Also try playing the same lick and gradually push the pedal down to make it sound almost like a volume swell. You just gotta play around with it.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
yeah, for some people its hard to get used to the motion of usign het wah and palying at the same time. Just work at it
It's pretty much self-explanitory. Rock it back and forth to make the "waaahhh" sound. If you rock it back and forth slower it works a bit like a swell. Try learning Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) as a song to practice it with.
ok thanks guys, but do i just like rock it back at random or to the beat or like what?
Quote by MeAndMyRG
ok thanks guys, but do i just like rock it back at random or to the beat or like what?

You decide. But if you just randomly rock it back and forth it'll sound like shit. When you use it, just use it to get with the feel of the music, like I do.
Quote by MeAndMyRG

Rock at back and forth at a steady beat or what feels right wit the musci. Honostly just play it and you'll see.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Rock it back and forth and get used to what sounds it makes in different positions for different parts of the fretboard (lower notes wah at diff points etc) and then learn to manipulate the sound to your liking.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30