My recent amp just packed in and i need a knew one straight away so no time to save up

I've got £150 (or$300) to use on this amp

i have a fender 60th anniversary telecaster and play indie/rock/punk and some metal

please could someone advise me an amp

amplifiers are my weakest field on the knowledge part i know nothing about them

thanks
your going to get alot of roland cubes and vox valvetronix which are pretty decent amps although ive never liked modelling. you could get an Orange crush for around that, i think there pretty good for the price.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
ya, this guys right, most ppl will say roland cubes for metal, vox for modeling. some will say line6, but theyr not good. no one will say marshall mg series b/c they suck. i have one and the tone is just not very good at low volume and still not good at high volume, its a sorry excuse for a marshall. anyway though,

vox is really good i think. line6 is the same type-modeling, but i think vox does it way better cuz its not as digital as line6.

ive never tried a roland or a orange, although ive heard alota good things about them

the roland and orange will probly be better for the stuff you do, the vox too, though, it has alotta different types of sounds you can choose from. the orange and roland i hear have better gain though.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
^ Amen brother
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
What is wrong with the amp you have now? Can it be repaired for less than £150? If so, try that. If not, go with the Vox I guess. If you save up a little more, or if you sell some stuff, you could get an Ashdown Fallen Angel or Peavey Valveking. Well maybe not the Ashdown, because their cheap in musiciansfriend, but I dont think they ship to UK.
Fender 60th Anniversary Strat through a £150 amp?

*shudders*

Vox maybe...
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!
Quote by sheldonplank
Fender 60th Anniversary Strat through a £150 amp?

*shudders*

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I know the thought of my fender through a £150 amp is bad but what else can i do ?
I dont have an amp at all now :\
at the repair shop they said it was ****ed and it wasnt worth repairing
it was 2nd hand though so i dont know

I'm sure i can get a decent amp for £150

I'm stuck between an orange crush a vox and a roland cube

any further comments on the 3 above ?
Go tube.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Cube out of those. I don't care if its broken, what amp do you "have" at the time?
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I had a marshall mg15cdr and tbh it was crap anyway
i have no idea why i bought a marshall
if i had come on here and read the reveiws i wouldnt of done
Quote by Gabel
Well what amp do you have now?

Also a Tele or metal?

Its surprisingly possible

Can't you get your amp repaired for about 150 pounds?
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Muse_Mania
I had a marshall mg15cdr and tbh it was crap anyway
i have no idea why i bought a marshall
if i had come on here and read the reveiws i wouldnt of done

Well than buying a new amp will be a step up for you. The Roland has great metal tones, but I haven't heard any of their rock/indie tones. The Vox is good for rock, but I didn't like the metal tones too much. And I wasn't really impressed with the Orange when I played it. I would go Vox, or if you could try out a Roland, see what it sounds like for what you play.
What is wrong with the amp you have now? Can it be repaired for less than £150? If so, try that. If not, go with the Vox I guess. If you save up a little more, or if you sell some stuff, you could get an Ashdown Fallen Angel or Peavey Valveking. Well maybe not the Ashdown, because their cheap in musiciansfriend, but I dont think they ship to UK.

Ashdown are a UK company so they're cheaper over here anyway...although not quite as low as £150.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com