This is always something really hard for me to do. For example when I am playing the chorus to You Shook Me All Night Long when I play it it starts to sound really muddy.

I'm trying to place my palm down once in a while to stop the extra noise but it just cuts off suddenly so it doesn't sound that great.

Also I almost never hear people talking about this but it seems like ending your notes correctly is more important than people give it.

Anyone got some tips? Even specifically for this song?
Zakk Wyld Epi
SD-1 Overdrive
Martin DX1
Palm mute..look the technique up, the articles online can get pretty indepth. basically you just place your palm from your picking hand on the bridge. The more palm on the strings, the more muted it is, so maybe you are putting too much pressure and palm on it, try to reduce it. Also, mute with your fretting hand by placing your hand lightly over the strings that are open, after you strum the chord.
Quote by Rib5
This is always something really hard for me to do. For example when I am playing the chorus to You Shook Me All Night Long when I play it it starts to sound really muddy.

My first guess is you are overloading the input stage of your amp or of one effects box in your signal chain.

Or, if it's really open strings vibrating but that shouldn't be played, look at your fingering. I play it like this:

fingers:: i: index, m: middle, r: ring, p: pinky, t: thumb,
x: mute with adjacent finger or with indicated finger,
g: ghosted to mark an up or down beat: palm mute-play (you should hear "thunk"), or palm-hit on the beat
u: up pick
d: down pick

---G------------C---------G/B------D------

|----3p-------------3p--------3p-----x----
|----3r-------------3r--------3r-----3r---
|----0--------------0---------0------2i---
|-----------------2i--------0------0------
|--x-----0--2i--3m--------2i-----0g-------
|--3m-----------x---------x------xt-------

---u-d---u--d---u-d-d-----u-d-d----d-d----
Last edited by ColdGin at Jan 14, 2007,
I do much like ColdGin suggested. It's probably the one thing fat fingers are actually good for.
try to control your picking, maybe you are hitting the strings which are not supposed to be hit and causing all the fuss......