Page 1 of 2
ok so i wanna buy a safe for up in my room maybe in the closet or something to put my moey i save into...cause i am saving up 1000 dollars for a new drum set and if i put it in my savings account i cant get it out cause my mom is a bitch and has it set up that way...and if i put it into the safe in her room to keep there she will take the money and put it into my savings account...so my point is...

does anyone know where i can get an ok safe for my room...i would like a digital one with a number code but id settle for the key ones if i cant get a digital one...and im hoping for under about $60ish...?
omg read the post./..i have a bank account but i cant get the money back out cause im under 18 and my mom has control of it and thinks what i spend my money on is a waste of time...
i have a safe, costs about £20, theres probably an equivilent in america, but dont get an expensive one becuase its just not worth it
it doesn't necessarily have to be a safe......put all your money in ...a steel box or somthing, and lock it with a combination lock maybe?
Quote by greendayguitar
Wow, that looks extremely good, thank you mcuhly RadioHead22, for your amazing gift of foodiness.

M E S H U G G A H
well, you could get an envelope and put it in there and hide it in your room.

that way you can save up $1000 to buy a really nice safe, then use that to hold $1000 for you drum set
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
Just get one of those little fireproof box locks, that has a key. You don't necessarily need to be going digital, because those cost a lot more. I mean, if you were a drug dealer and had a lot of money to put in it, then id go with that... but i'd just go with a cheap one, it will keep it locked up, just dont lose the key!
Quote by stoner179
omg read the post./..i have a bank account but i cant get the money back out cause im under 18 and my mom has control of it and thinks what i spend my money on is a waste of time...

So go to the bank and open a new account. Under 18s are allowed bank accounts.
Quote by kidsilcon
i have a safe, costs about £20, theres probably an equivilent in america, but dont get an expensive one becuase its just not worth it

yea thats what im thinkin..i want a moderately cheap one just so i can use it..just so my mom cant get into my cash..thats about it..doesnt have to be a hidden wall safe or anything..anyone know of where to get a moderately good and cheap one?

Quote by Gaz_m2k5
So go to the bank and open a new account. Under 18s are allowed bank accounts.

i cant open 2 savings accounts for myself...not at my bank anyway...

Quote by seedlesswonder
Just get one of those little fireproof box locks, that has a key. You don't necessarily need to be going digital, because those cost a lot more. I mean, if you were a drug dealer and had a lot of money to put in it, then id go with that... but i'd just go with a cheap one, it will keep it locked up, just dont lose the key!

and a digital one isnt much more then a key...and trust me i need a digital one...my mom would search all over and eventually find my key so i need a either a combo lock or a digital number lock...
Last edited by stoner179 at Jan 13, 2007,
Why would you need a safe? Just tape it behind your mirror or something or (gasp) a wallet. And make your own checking account, you can make an account where you can keep all the money.
Quote by ckellingc
Why would you need a safe? Just tape it behind your mirror or something or (gasp) a wallet. And make your own checking account, you can make an account where you can keep all the money.

omg thats brilliant..lets all tape $1000 to the back of our mirror or carry it with me all the time...and i cant make a checking account..like my mom has it with the whole bank so anything i do in it she has control over too and can make it so i cant have it or can...

and anyone got some places to get a safe...not just tell mee why not to have one??
Actually under 18's can't really get proper bank accounts as far as I'm aware, their parents would still sorta have control over it... And how can anyone tell you where to buy a safe if we don't live in the same town as you do? just look around your local malls, surely you can find something.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by ar73m
Actually under 18's can't really get proper bank accounts as far as I'm aware, their parents would still sorta have control over it... And how can anyone tell you where to buy a safe if we don't live in the same town as you do? just look around your local malls, surely you can find something.

im talking sites...ive been looking on ebay and amazon a bit and there are some ok ones but i was wondering if anyone knew of some good ones..
Quote by stoner179
im talking sites...ive been looking on ebay and amazon a bit and there are some ok ones but i was wondering if anyone knew of some good ones..

considering you probably don't want to pay more than $20-30 for one, and shipping for a hefty box would probably cost quite a penny.. why? just go to a store, walking is healthy for you

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Quote by ar73m
considering you probably don't want to pay more than $20-30 for one, and shipping for a hefty box would probably cost quite a penny.. why? just go to a store, walking is healthy for you

i never said 20-30 bucks...and im not talking a huge wall safe or then 4 foot high ones....just a smaller safe box...and shipping isnt that bad for the smaller ones.
Quote by stoner179
i never said 20-30 bucks...and im not talking a huge wall safe or then 4 foot high ones....just a smaller safe box...and shipping isnt that bad for the smaller ones.

Well if you're going to spend a hundred on a box to store a max of $1000, you're rather silly.

i never said id only use it for that and then never use it again...and if your not gonna help jsut leave...
I turned a 7up can into a safe. it's really safe! Nobody thinks of the soda can with $3600 bucks in it!

Seriously, i got robbed and they didnt find the cash.. I'm just glad they didn't get thirsty....
Quote by Derek <3's You!
I turned a 7up can into a safe. it's really safe! Nobody thinks of the soda can with $3600 bucks in it!

Seriously, i got robbed and they didnt find the cash.. I'm just glad they didn't get thirsty....

lol nice...i was looking and they make ones like that for lots of stuff..pop..blueberries..cleaning stuff...but knowing my parents they would throw the can away thinking it was an empty pop can..
Quote by stoner179
yea thats what im thinkin..i want a moderately cheap one just so i can use it..just so my mom cant get into my cash..thats about it..doesnt have to be a hidden wall safe or anything..anyone know of where to get a moderately good and cheap one?

i cant open 2 savings accounts for myself...not at my bank anyway...

and a digital one isnt much more then a key...and trust me i need a digital one...my mom would search all over and eventually find my key so i need a either a combo lock or a digital number lock...

Well in England you can just go to the bank with some ID like a passport and then open a bank account. And your parents don't have to sign or get control of anything.

ANYWAY your mum sounds over controlling. Give her a slap and tell her it's your money. No, infact put it on the table and say if she touches it she gets a slap. If it moves before you get $1000 no matter how many months it takes, slap her.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
ANYWAY your mum sounds over controlling. Give her a slap and tell her it's your money. No, infact put it on the table and say if she touches it she gets a slap. If it moves before you get $1000 no matter how many months it takes, slap her.

lol thats great..i have enough money in the bank right now to buy the drum set i want buy i cant touch it...so i have to save it up without putting it into the bank...good idea there but i think id rather just get a safe...
Damn, your mom is a bitch.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
If your mom is that protective, and she finds a small safe in your room, what can you do from her taking it? Small safes are not too heavy for someone to take off with- That's part of why people put their money in banks, and not in safes in their houses (unless its a large safe). You're better off hiding it- the back of your amp, if you can open it, or it's already open. Or, underneath your tv, or behind a mirror(as mentioned) or behind a poster, or something else on your wall. There's tons of places you can hide it.
Quote by yorkshireterror
You're better off hiding it- the back of your amp

dangit i was gonna say that.

if you have a closed back amp, perfect, just cut a slit in the top and drop bills through.
do you have a stereo? cause those speakers have a lot of empty space in them and the screens are easy to pop off. i was watching some show and some guy had put like $25k in a stereo
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
I'm 17 and I've closed, and opened another bank account. I even own a share in my bank.

Just go to another bank and open an account.

Or you could TELL your mom you want to save 1000 dollars, and let her know when you have the grand, so she can take it out for you.

Or you can kill her and steal her identity.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
ok..i think i have a plan...my mom and dad are split up and all and im gonna see if my bank account is controlled by just my mom or both her and my dad...cause my dad is really cool about this kinda stuff...and if he can controll it too then i can get him to take it out and then have it...or i can get him to open me a checking account and then put my cash into that and then once i have enough i can pay for it with that...and wow thanks guys...i got a link to one safe..lol
Well if you wanted a safe why didn't you just look on google/froogle/kelkoo or on one of the many shopping sites.

I still think you should go with my slapping idea.
yea..worst part of it all is that i have $3000 in the bank and all i wanna take it $1000 and then pay it back into the bank with my paychecks i get from my job...but no..my mom has to be a bitch about it and says i cant because i need that money for college or a new car later on...but it would be paid back there anyway...and i told her i am not putting any more money into my savings now like i do sometimes from my checks because of her...
i know i'm 17 and have 2 savings accounts (1 in a local larger town which I've had since was small, and 1 in town i live in which i opened for easy access to smaller amounts of money i need) and 1 bank account which still needs activated (needs 10pound to activate it bt cba atm)

i'd say that if your guitar allows the back to open (where the springs are - i've a strat so dno wat like in other guitars) hide money in there, or do the amp idea, or you've a computer so possibly store in scanner or printer (assuming there a space where it wouldn't get printed over or jam the printer, and assuming scanner not used). How about hiding the money under your mattress, or if you've got a desk or wardrobe with drawers in them that can come out and reveal space under the lowest 1, then hide under the drawer since can't be reached unless drawer completely removed.
yea...first point...no guitar...im a drummer...srry...and printer/scanner is used to much and i wouldnt wanna mess anything up and break that or lsoe my cash...my computer is next to my kitchen...so its a family computer..not mine...2nd point is my mom knows i wanna get teh set and knows i get checks from my job and if i dont spend it she will know im hiding it and will look for it nonstop when im at school...and she has found when i put cash beneath the drawers where you pull em all the way out...

and another bad part of this thing is that if i bought it now it would be $1099 for the full set and everything...but its on sale for that...so if i dont buy it soon it will go back to the price of $1299....thanks alot mom...just made me lose 200 extra bucks and she is always complaining that i need to save money and not waste it...
Last edited by stoner179 at Jan 13, 2007,
anyone got some suggestions on what to do to convince her to let me have the money and then pay it back into my savings little by little?
Borrow the money from your dad?

Or just work out with the shop to see if you can pay on a monthly basis.

EDIT: I just realized something, you live in a country where you can get a gun for opening your own bank account, but you can't even ****ing take money out of your account.

In conclusion, the US sucks.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Last edited by Will_Minus at Jan 13, 2007,
Quote by Will_Minus
Borrow the money from your dad?

Or just work out with the shop to see if you can pay on a monthly basis.

EDIT: I just realized something, you live in a country where you can get a gun for opening your own bank account, but you can't even ****ing take money out of your account.

In conclusion, the US sucks.

its off musiciansfriend..my mom and dad are divorced so my dad works seven days a week to pay child support for me and my sister cause my mom raised that really high and he pays for things fo my older brother living with him...so im not gonna ask to borrow $1000...
Something tells me she'll wonder where you got a whole new drumset from, even if you do eventually save up enough and keep the money from her... Just out of curiosity, what are you getting?
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by stoner179

save up your money and earn interest...just put it in a new account that you mUm cant get.......if she wont let you buy anything just slap her
Noone notice the lunacy in buying a $1000 dollar drum kit ?

It's a ****ing drum kit, you trying to tell me that this mother who wont even let you take money outa your account is gonna let you play that damn thing.

Fool.
Page 1 of 2