Hey I've got a Hughes and Kettner Edition Blue 60 and i play in a band. The other guitarist in the band plays a marshall mg 15 watt amp. But for some reason my amp has to be cranked up to full to play lead over the other guitarist. Is there something wrong with my amp? The other guitarist is usually only on half and I have to really turn up to be heard over him. I use a Digitech Screamin' Blues, a Marshall regenerater and a Dunlop Crybaby in an effect loop.

Is it something wrong with the amp? (which i bought as an ex demo). Or is it to do with my pedals?

Thanks in advance
Johnny wishes he was famous
spends his time alone in the basement
with Lennon and Cobain and
a guitar and a stereo.
I don't know much about this kind of stuff but try plugging your guitar into his amp and his into yours. It could be the guitars.
Could be the guitars, could also have to do with the pedals in your effects loop - try putting them before the amp or removing them entirely to see if it makes a difference. Also the amount of mids will affect how audible your sound is over his much more than bass or treble, and Marshalls are generally quite 'midsy' so you might want to play around with your eq as well.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Take the pedals out of the loop and go from guitar to amp, see how that sounds compared to his.

Maybe you need to EQ it to cut through better.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
thanks. So what should I do with the eq?
Johnny wishes he was famous
spends his time alone in the basement
with Lennon and Cobain and
a guitar and a stereo.
Try pushing the mids higher, see if it makes a difference
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!