I just recently bought myself an Epi les Paul 100, it was working fine until this morning, when i tried to fix a looose input Jack. Well I thought I had fixed it, and when I plugged it in, and I had no sound. I opened it up, and I could just take the Jack peice out? It fell out, is that Bad?

Anyways, I then tightened it to the plastic peice and put it back in screwing it all up, and I stil get no sound. Help please?
you could take the jack piece completely out? when you say that do you mean it came out alone, or are there wires soldered to it? Either way, sounds like either a bad solder joint or no solder joint..
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
dodgey soldering, either take it back for a replacement or get someone who knows how to solder it together back again.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by SlipAway
you could take the jack piece completely out? when you say that do you mean it came out alone, or are there wires soldered to it? Either way, sounds like either a bad solder joint or no solder joint..

I could take it completely out, No wire attached or anything.
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
dodgey soldering, either take it back for a replacement or get someone who knows how to solder it together back again.

How much would it cost to get them to Resolder it?
It's not all that hard to do alone if you look up schematics. Most places around here would probably just do it for you for free real quick if you ask nicely (or perhaps give the tech a small tip )
Last edited by apope at Jan 13, 2007,