Ok Well I was wondering what to do, i currently have a squier strat but want a better guitar, i was going to get an epi les paul standard but im not sure because maybe i should wait and get a really guitar £750+ so i will have to spend another 6months or so saving up (note im only 15 so i cant get a proper job) so i was wondering what you guys think and also what guitar to get i really like gibsons and ibanez so are there any you would recomend thx.
les pauls are good for just about any type of style and are just great guitars, despite their heavyness. you'd be fine with it unless you want a floyd rose trem
The Big Three

RR1 Rhoads, Dean FBD Dimbag Tribute ML (check), Ibanez Bad Horsie JEM

"blacker than the blackest black...times infinity."

"so get your ass checked out before its to late, turkeys!"
If you like metal, go with the Ibanez RG321MH. Best for the buck. $280 USD, not sure what is is precisely in £.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
My style varies i like to play alot of metal, classic rock, also some blues. My main influences are metallica, clapton, joe satriani, iron maiden, and eric johnson. Hope that helps.
^Definately check out the Ibanez I recommended then.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Well i went to the guitar shops today and i checked out the Ibanez JS100 and i loved it so much, but i love the lp so much as well so im kinda stuck, so i was wondering if theres also any other cool ibanez guitars or gibsons you would recomend
Gibsons? You won't get a nice Gibson for cheap. You're going to have to save a while. The SGs are always nice though. The Classic and Standard are great.

I've heard great things about the Ibanez SZ520 also, but it's a little more expensive. $500+

If you're going to save up, also keep your mind open to Schecters.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
1) what's your current rig (including amp etc.)?

2) how much money can you realistically get together?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ arg, that's the worst possible price range, lol- it won't get you much better than having a few hundred less, but you'd need another £200 to get some really good kit, lol.

that being said I'd consider a laney vc30 combo with footswitch (about £315 + postage on gak), a good overdrive pedal to give the amp's overdrive channel a boost for heavier tones- HBE Power Screamer or Big D (Big D is more distortion, but you can still use it to boost), Maxon OD808 or OD9 dependent on taste, T-Rex Alberta, something like that, and then a guitar around £350. Fender Standard Mexican Fat Strat? Or maybe a Washburn WI65pro idol, or yamaha aes 620.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hmm lol to be honest i cant stand my strat lol, so prob won't go for the Fender strat, and btw my price range i gave was for guitar only if we wer to include an amp and stuff i wud say my price range is £1000-£1200max but i would also like to get more info on ibanez guitars, especially the JS100, i know its not the best but i played it today in the shop and loved it i would change the pickups init though.
^ the trem isn't great on that guitar. I'd avoid it, it's a cheap guitar with an expensive price because satch's name is on it.

£1200 is more like it, though.

I'd take a look at a laney tt50c combo, a traynor yvc50, an engl blackmore head and framus 2x12 cab (you'd probably have to order that from germany though to keep enough cash for a decent guitar, and even then you might be pushing it), engl screamer combo, or something like that- aim to spend about £700-£800 on the amp.

For the guitar, I'd take a look at an rg1570, or s470 (or the higher s's if you have the cash). EDIT: the 1570 is a better guitar, but the s are more like the JS series- but try both! and then swap the pickups later- swinesheads if you want to keep the cash down, you can get a set for a little over £100, and they're very nice, IMO.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?