I was hoping to purchase a new guitar (my last one just took a fall down some stairs) It was just a starter anyway. I was hoping on you opinions on either, the EPI Les Paul Goth, or the Jackson JS30RR Rhoads. Both are at the top of my price range i cant go anyhigher than about 300 USD. Which would you knowlegable guys wanna recommend and why? Oh i already have a new amp not a starter and i play mostly distorted stuff. COB, metallica, Godsmack, ect. Thanks in advace guys/girls of UG.
probably the Jackson, low end Epi's are probably the lowest you can go, but you are going to get a starter guitar for $300, no matter what. Save up more.
Dickless.
Epi, the JS series by Jackson aren't that great. At least the Epi is mahogany, change the pickups and it'll be good.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Epi ... i have it ... its awsome
the js series jacksons arent that great, so ide think the epi is better for the price
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
I dont know much about low end jacksons, but ill guess they wont be too great.

Mid - High end Jacksons own tho, theyre like my favorite guitars.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
I got a JS30 (a Kelly though), and I think it's awesome. I play it through a Randal or Pavey amp, and it sound awesome. The Les Paul, not so much so in my opinion.

I have had very few experiences with high end-instrument though, and besides from having a Stratocaster at my disposal I am much more familiar in low-end circels.
Do a search for Jackson on Ebay. You can pick up something better than either the EPI or the JS if you have some patience and just look for them.
Quote by Danno13
Frankly, $300 isn't much of an upgrade from "starter level" guitars.

sure it is

my first guitar was 100 CND
my second was 600 CND

which is some what equivalant to what hes paying, altough prices do drop ...
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
I had a js30 dinky, it kicked ass. it had a nice neck, and tone. I would recommend the rhoads, i have never played the epi though

Gear:
Ltd Viper-1000 Deluxe
Shittone i mean silvertone revolver
Cube 60

Originally Posted by sendmeapick
you pick squires over gibsons?

thats like michael jackson over jessica alba