Hey, so far I've searched all the brands I know, and the best 7 string I've found is Schecter's C-7. I played it and loved it, but before I go with that, are there any other brands that make a better 7 string? I'm looking at the 600-800 USD price range, but I'll go higher (like 1000 or so) if it's really nice. Any suggestions?
Quote by frozen-dirt
Hey, so far I've searched all the brands I know, and the best 7 string I've found is Schecter's C-7. I played it and loved it, but before I go with that, are there any other brands that make a better 7 string? I'm looking at the 600-800 USD price range, but I'll go higher (like 1000 or so) if it's really nice. Any suggestions?

First of all, which Schecter C-7 are you looking at? Blackjack or Hellraiser?

It's really about what you want in a guitar. I prefer Ibanez to Schecter because of neck profile, but for you just to ask what is better is really debatable.

As far as seven strings go, the Ibanez RG1527 is really nice, but if you liker thicker necked guitars, stay with Schecter.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I hear the RG 1527 is VERY good, also you could wait a small while for the new ibanez 7 strings there seems to be a good few coming out.

Yeah, I've been anxiously waiting on the new S7 to be released. The Munky signature Apex 7 seems to be a pretty solidly built instrument as well, but it's a string-through design.
Quote by Buzz762
First of all, which Schecter C-7 are you looking at? Blackjack or Hellraiser?

It's really about what you want in a guitar. I prefer Ibanez to Schecter because of neck profile, but for you just to ask what is better is really debatable.

As far as seven strings go, the Ibanez RG1527 is really nice, but if you liker thicker necked guitars, stay with Schecter.

I played the Hellraiser, but I'm still not sure which to get. I was thinking about the Blackjack, because I don't like the emg 81 in my 6 string, but I've heard that the 707/85 sounds alot different, so I might go with the Hellraiser now.

And I'm looking for a stop-bar bridge, so I'm not too fond of the Ibanez models (I'm not a big fan of Ibanez anyway).
One of the biggest complaints I have about the 707 is that they have very sterile-sounding cleans. Great when distorted though .

Also keep in mind that the C7s have a slightly longer scale length (26.5") than most other guitars. If you liked the feel of the Hellraiser, it's going to be tough to find something else to give you that same feel.
^I really don't give a damn about cleans. I wouldn't have gotten a 5150 if I did haha. But about the neck, it's really more about action for me. As long as my fingers feel nice on the fretboard, I don't care about how big the neck is.
Get a Carvin 7 string, customised how you want it for about 1k with a few options.
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
Quote by frozen-dirt
Is it true that their pick-ups suck?

A lot of people don't like them and opt for changing them--and the downside to that is, to swap pickups, you usually need to do extra routing to make them fit.
Quote by Buzz762
Yeah, I've been anxiously waiting on the new S7 to be released. The Munky signature Apex 7 seems to be a pretty solidly built instrument as well, but it's a string-through design.

nuff said bitches.
Quote by frozen-dirt
Is it true that their pick-ups suck?

Well let's just say this. I was originally planning, after hearing some people's thoughts on the pups, on gutting them out and replacing them with EMG 81/85's (bought the 81/85's and put them in my DC200 while my DC400 was being built, dc200 is old so it didn't have the same pups my 400 came with)

My 400 arrived, I played it, and the pups to me sounded great, so I decided to not put the EMG's in it.

Take it for what it's worth

I have a soundclip of 'em here http://www.soundclick.com/andyg
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
Last edited by Sweetbabyjezuz at Jan 14, 2007,
Quote by Eric 666

nuff said bitches.

I like that K7 more, but I was talking about his other one. Apparently he got two signature models out this year: