I have such a problem with these when soloing and it really is beginning to hold me back, so i need some help. It's when i'm sweeping (Which isn't too common, but when put in the correct passage can sound like pure sex). An example of what i mean would be - Picture your commonly arrpegiated triad descending from high E on the 12th fret. It would go E12 E9 B10 G9, or note wise - e, c sharp, A, E. You basically make that minor by dropping the A a semitone.

I can NOT seem to get this, I'm learning the sweeping section at the end of "Seize The Day" by A7X and it contains some of these little buggers. I hope you understand what i'm talking about, i've tried to make it clear.

I think the question sums up to this - how do i cleany sweep an a minor triad arpeggio? I know about the "finger rolling" and stuff, but need more information.

Thanks a lot UG.
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
--Stephen Roberts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axBhA4UNDJc

There's a link to an example of what i'm trying to play.
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
--Stephen Roberts
I don't want to be a "bumper" so this'll be my last post if there's no reply. I'm just curious, could i get a little feedback? Was it that my question was unclear, or that you don't know how to explain the answer, or what?

Thanks again.
--Stephen Roberts
i know the part your talkin about, because i love playing the solo to that song, but i DONT play that part, because i am terrible at sweep picking, and im not shred master Z so i dont really care, but im not sure i understand WHAT your problem is exactally, if its just that you cant do it, you gotta keep practicing it, go slow speed up etc etc, can you play it at slower speeds at least?
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
Yeah, natrually i can, i think the problem lies in technique at these types of sweeps. I think i'll just have to start real slow and get the flaws out into the open so i can change them, or deplete them. Thanks =)
--Stephen Roberts