I'm looking at a NS-2 to kill the buzz I get at high volume with lots of gain. I play a Schecter Omen-6, and use a Peavey Valveking 112. Will the NS-2 kill my tone? Is there something better I can get at about the same price? Any help is appriciated.

Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
it shouldnt kill your tone but it will probably affect ur sustain fairly badly
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
it shouldnt kill your tone but it will probably affect ur sustain fairly badly

I not totaly worried about the sustain, really.
If you're not intimidated by the price, I'd go with an ISP Decimator. It cleaned up my valveking really well.
Quote by frozen-dirt
If you're not intimidated by the price, I'd go with an ISP Decimator. It cleaned up my valveking really well.

Link please?
i agree, the decimator is much better.

just google ISP technologies decimator, that should do it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
At this point I'm leening more to the Decimator. Would Music123 be a reliable place to order it from? Maybe also get some pros and cons for both of them?
i got a NS-2 off ebay yesterday and ive got it after my distortion in the loop (im not entirely sure thats the right place) but im having trouble because its threshold doesent really account for a higher gain output from a metal pedal, and its very highest setting is just about enough to work properly. try and get a hold of one before u try
^it's works well as the last thing before you go into the amp. Like this:

guitar-->effects and shit-->decimator-->amp
ok heres the deal the nt-2 is good (i use it with my 6505+ at i have my gain at 8 (im a gain ***** haha)). it cuts the noise out well. it might suck your tone if you put the threshold on full though. i don't and still get no noise. i was gonna get the ISP but the store didn't have it so i settled with the NT-2 and its still good. i would get the ISP though if you could find it.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by thesimo
i got a NS-2 off ebay yesterday and ive got it after my distortion in the loop (im not entirely sure thats the right place) but im having trouble because its threshold doesent really account for a higher gain output from a metal pedal, and its very highest setting is just about enough to work properly. try and get a hold of one before u try

you're running a distortion pedal in your amp's fx loop?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you need to run your effect from the send and return outputs on the NS-2.

so amp - input , guitar - output
cable from send to Tuner - distortion - chorus - etc - then back to return.

All buzz is eliminated then !
Quote by MetalHead_AP
At this point I'm leening more to the Decimator. Would Music123 be a reliable place to order it from? Maybe also get some pros and cons for both of them?

Yea, Music123 is reliable, I just got my decimator from them 3 weeks ago. And using it with my amp, it cleans it up nice and doesnt touch my sound, and doesnt even affect my sustain or anything really...
Equipment:

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez SA160
B-52 At-100
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
ISP Decimator
Quote by tester123
you need to run your effect from the send and return outputs on the NS-2.

so amp - input , guitar - output
cable from send to Tuner - distortion - chorus - etc - then back to return.

All buzz is eliminated then !

ah thats pretty nuts i wasnt really sure what send / return was for

ill have a go and see if i can get it any better cheers
How high was the gain knob again ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
question about the NS-2.

I heard it does the same as the TU-2, and can power other pedals via daisy chain. Is this right? I ahvent been to the store to check one out yet.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
^ Thank you.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way