I'm thinking of buying a custom made guitar this year. Now before you jump in and say "Get a new amp", i already have a jcm800 head ordered and payed for, just waiting for it to be shipped. I'm borrowing a cab from my uncle for the year as he's going on a tour round the US.

Anyway, look at this:

Heres the specs:

BODY: USA hard ash OR Mahogonay with optional carved top and floyd rose routing

NECK: USA hard maple, 24 jumbo frets

FRETBOARD: ebony, pearl inlays ,

PUPS: DiMarzio Drop-Sonic/ Air norton - or optional SD for a bit more

TUNERS: Gotoh SG301 3+3 chrome machineheads

BRIDGE: Gotoh hardtail or tunomatic - optional Floyd Rose trem

FINISH: Matte trans black body and oiled neck or custom finish options

I'm looking into the finish in the pic. The total cost is NZ $2400, which from researching i could get a Gibson SG and my own cab, but i really like the look of this custom. What do you guys think?
Personally a bit wild for me, but if you like it and it sound good nothing else matters
depends which you prefer playing - i don't like the scale length on SGs and LPs, so i play strats
lol i figured it was wild, but thats not the only reason i like it. The optional OFR and SD pickups are very attractive. But does anyone know how good the tone would be from hard ash?

EDIT: Blue_strat, i have both. Niether has 24 frets. So this would take a bit to get used to i guess.
That lower horn seems a little too far up (yes, I realize that it's a lefty). Even though it doesn't look like it would restrict upper fret access, it makes it look as if the guitar was a flawed cut.
i actually really like it, it reminds me of a violin with double cutaways, you know, how there's like a ) ( in the body, looks cool imo
Quote by Devon_555
Sick guitar, i'd keep it. Everybody has a gibson, very few ppl have that guitar.

yeah. my bandmate last year was dead keen on a Gibson, and even though they're really good guitars, to get a good one here, it was $3000. Insane.
... the specs are WAY DIFFERENT than the picture, I don't like the body and bridge looks like a Ibanez Edge Pro, not a FR
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
yeah, i just noticed that. The fretboard isn't ebony, the pups arent DiMarizos. But this picture could be of someones custom. You can choose what you want and don't want, for obviously more money. Maybe someone wanted the rosewood fretboard?

but who'd want an edge pro-type trem....
Ugly as sin.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
the edge pro trem is awesome. i'd take it (with locking studs) over an original floyd.

but anyway, i don't like that body a whole lot, but for a new zealander, the price seems fair.
I think that would be cool if you played with a violin bow on a regular basis. Otherwise... There's a reason gibson and fenders are so popular.

You could always go for a not as popular model gibson (like a firebird )
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by -Intermission-
yeah, i just noticed that. The fretboard isn't ebony, the pups arent DiMarizos. But this picture could be of someones custom. You can choose what you want and don't want, for obviously more money. Maybe someone wanted the rosewood fretboard?

It may be one of those FR Speedloader used on some no-headstock guitar types.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
I'm sure it's a good guitar, but it looks gay. If you like it, though, go for it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by -Intermission-

Not to mention the neck in the pic is only 22 frets.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
well, if i was to get it, it would a wee way down the track.

Plus, these are handmade in new zealand, so i don't have to worry about shipping costs (apart from about $50 to get down south).

But thanks for your opinions guys. Its been really helpful
^ you know you want to...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i don't really like the shape but its personal preference i guess.
Ibanez RG1527
ENGL Blackmore Sig.
Marshall 1960A Cab
Orange 4x12 Cab

Member of UG's Official Gain \/\/hores - Invite Only
looks uncomfy for sitting, and higher fret access seems a tad hard
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info