I just recently put the Zakk Wylde 81/85 set in my guitar. I put them in myself, since I have never had any problems putting passives in any guitars. I got them working, but the pickups are really, really quiet. I literally have to turn the gain up all the way on my amp to hear them decently. Has this ever happened to anyone before? Could it be wiring problems or the pickups themselves? Any help would be great.
Signatures are overrated.
not trying to insult you in any way here, but did you remember to install a battery?
sorry, but anything is possible...if you cant work it out, try taking it to a tech to look at it?
dude u just posted this thread like 2 minutes ago
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Yeah. It's got a new battery and everything.
your sure you wired it properly and soldered the joints properly?
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
man i got EMGs and tried to put them in myself also, and totally effed it up. get it proffessionallly done
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Positive. I've gone over the wiring probably a half a dozen times now, and had a buddy check it out. I just didn't know if this was anything anybody has ever heard of.
I recently installed emgs in my guitar as well and it didnt work after, turned out that sumthin had gone wrong with the pickup selector switch, dunno if its a common problem
yeah u need to get them put in by a professional cause they need to do something with the tone controlls and volume controlls something about being to powerfull
I think I'm just going to bring it in somewhere tonight then.
If you are completely sure you wired them correctly, and have a fresh battery, check the quick connecter on the pups. If its backwards you get a quiet sound, and if they are on the right way.......you get the correct sound.
Quote by Job 4 a Cowboy
maybe raise the pickups themselves up a bit

hmmm....
Yeah I think the volume and tone pots have to be replaced for EMGs, but maybe I'm wrong.
PRS Custom 22
Epiphone LP Custom
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T

Fender PT-100 Tuner
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon
Digitech Tone Driver
MXR Phase 100
Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume Pedal

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Road King
'69 Fender Super Bassman
i was reading somewhere a guide to installing them and it said have them as close to the strings as possible.
did you change the pots too?
they use diff pots from normal pickups.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Well, looks like you've got yourself a set of haunted pickups.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by danzig-_-
did you change the pots too?
they use diff pots from normal pickups.

Yeah, the set should have come with the new pots.
The plugins have a little arrows on them. They should be visible when plugged in.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+