how do i record music on my computer?? and any tips on song writing? i just dont know where to start
you'll need a microphone (or audio interface, if you can afford one), a recording program (comes free with interface or you can use audacity because it's free), and a decent soundcard...from there, you can record using multiple tracks, layering, adding effects, basically mixing
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
check out line 6 tone port its really good comes with recording program
Guitars:
Ibanez IC300
Fender American Strat w/RioGrande texas specials

Amps:
Fender FM212R
a now broken tube amp

Quote by Gofishus
Dual Core. Do More. <-- Intel branded women.

Member of the Stevie Ray Vaughan Fan Club
an interface/tone port runs around $200 and up...you might be able to find something cheaper, but the quality will most likely be diminished
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
If you're cheap and you have an electro acoustic.. you could simply get a 1/4" to 3.5mm connector and passed the lead from your acoustic direct into your soundcard. It won't sound good using onboard sound but I've found my MacBook produces some good tone.

Might work with the headphone jack on an amp too.. not sure.

But you'll always be better off with a proper mic setup.