Anyone like em? People know them mostly cause they went on to form Coheed and Cambria, and note that THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT SHABUTIE, SO DO NOT DISCUSS C&C HERE, THEY'RE TWO DIFFERENT BANDS. It's really hard to track down any of their albums, although iTunes has the "Delirium Trigger" EP. (There are only about 50 hard copies of this in existence, so iTunes is you best bet). Anyway, they're a sweet band. Talk about em.
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
I knew of them, but what are they actually like?
Similar to C&C or completely different?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Is Delirium Trigger originally by them? Because I know Coheed did a song called Delirium Trigger that sounded completely un-coheedish.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Shabutie did "Delirium Trigger" and "33", which appeared on Coheed's first album.

And to answer your question, andrewbiles, their sound is a bit similar to SSTB-era Coheed, and a lot heavier.
Quote by crazynickman

Instant Bob Dylan.
shabutie are alright.

i've never thought they were are good as coheed.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Quote by STRAT811
And to answer your question, andrewbiles, their sound is a bit similar to SSTB-era Coheed, and a lot heavier.

Sounds good then. SSTB was probably my favourite C&C album, might have to check the stuff out
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Shabutie are defintely worth checking out if you're a big Coheed fan (like myself). They're sort of weird and experimental in the stuff i've heard and is a little different from the stuff off SSTB. It's such a different sound to what they are now, so you can really see how they've progressed in sound. I always thought 'Elf Power' was an amazing song by them.
rites of nothing.
Quote by andrewbiles
Sounds good then. SSTB was probably my favourite C&C album, might have to check the stuff out

Get the song "Godfathers Lollipop". It's amazing.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Shabutie are pretty good. Very garage-y though, if that's the right word to use.
Member #12 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Shabutie are alright. theres an album on Itunes? must go and check it out now

edit: can't find it on itunes
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Last edited by IndieMetalhead at Jan 16, 2007,
Shabutie is Coheed and Cambria with a different bass player. Basically they sound the same except more low budget grage-rockish. And as suggested, check out Godfather's Lollipop or 33 ('their'' version).
yes shabutie own big time I am a big fan of them, I just wouldnt listen to them if you are easily offended, especialy godfathers lollipop, or kinder*****.

because I have this power in my genitals
Yeah, their lyrics can be pretty brutal. Claudio seems to bring violence and the extensive use of the word '*****' to everything he writes. Gotta love the guy.
Quote by crazynickman

Instant Bob Dylan.
that is true actually.

anyone else think this'll gradually turn into another coheed thread...?
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(