Hey, UGers I got some questions. Tomorrow I'm buying a Digitech RP100 off someone and I need an ac adapter to try it out.

1)Most music shops aren't open on Sunday but one of them is but does not carry digitech. Will any ac adapter work for the pedal or only the one that was made for it?

2)Is the Digitech any good? The RP80 I borrowed from my drummer was somewhat decent, so this should be better right?

PS. Don't tell me to get a new amp cause I don't have enough money and I need something that I can actually make my amp's sound bearable.(Crappy SS 30 watt by a shit company that isn't well known)

Thanks.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
The Digitech multi-effects processors that I've tried were actually really good.
And you don't need an AC adapter to power the pedal, you can use batteries if you just need to try it out. Get an AC adapter when stores are open.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
A Boss PSA-120 adapter would work. As long as the voltages match.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
they arent that great, all the effects sound too digital, I acquried the 300A from my uncle
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
PODs are ****ing SHITE! lol i tried both of them and i preferred the digitech, they are genious.. i have a boss gt8 and regret not getting myself a digitech gnx 3.. i think you should keep your money and get a gnx 3 in all fairness man, really they are amazing, the whammy function is perfect, much better than the gt8s and well the POD doesnt even have a whammy pedal! and the pre-amps are much better in it than the rp 100 thingy.. serious dude just wait, unless your really desperate.. and get yourself a GNX 3, try it out in a shop n youll see what i mean! digitech are by far the best manufacturer of multi-fx, so im sure it will be reliable, as for power adaptor what the guy above said^^
any ac adapter should work as long as the voltage and mA is the same....i think you can even vary on the mA a little bit, not sure how much though. Ive done it before with a boombox and never had problems. Also, the part that plugs into the digitech will have to match. Im pretty sure any radio shack will get you what you need.
Quote by Pleiadian
The Digitech multi-effects processors that I've tried were actually really good.
And you don't need an AC adapter to power the pedal, you can use batteries if you just need to try it out. Get an AC adapter when stores are open.

Yeah I was thinking about just getting batteries but then I would waste more money. I don't want to wait a week again, because I gotta go to downtown Toronto and buy it off someone, not a store, so I'll probably buy the batteries.

Does anyone know how many it runs on and what kind?

Edit: I can't afford a GNX, It's $321 + tax. I think the Rp100 will do good for $75.(Reg price $140 + tax.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by mw7 at Jan 13, 2007,