i think these ibanez 453-3 and crap like that sound stupid. why cant they just use a word, like ibazez -grossman or something . not ibanez 100ST. To me that is stupid. Thats just me talking though, im gonna go sitting on this stool and play good ole' Stratocaster.
i always thought epiphone sounded very budget-ish and cheap. sorta like e-machines.
Well what else are they going to do. Name a guitar, "Electric Rock Guitar" or "Electric Heavy Metal Guitar"?
its weird when Ibanez has like Ibanez RG34282349 with a thousand numbers after it
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic

yeah the ibanez rgs piss me off lol ... i dont want to rememebr numbers
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
im guess im just an old school hippy but i think stratocaster is like the guitar to have. ibanez 3294 and all that just sounds like some electronic computer gadget. I dont want the guitar to turn into complete electronic effects and computer modified sounds. you know?
not really...
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Take a gander at this:

-Ibanez RG321MHWK ( can you believe i didnt make that up)

But the B-52 is sounding awesome , props
all danelectro pedals.
"fish n chips, hot coffee, fried eggs, dog shit, pepperoni, milkshake..."
i will never buy one no matter how good they are...
and digitech pedals.
"bad monkey, hot head, metal master, main squeeze...etc"
GAHH GIMMICK!
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by Saltydog914
Take a gander at this:

-Ibanez RG321MHWK ( can you believe i didnt make that up)

But the B-52 is sounding awesome , props

You realise the actual guitar is just called RG321..
the MHWK just denotes that its Body wood (mahogany) and color....

I actually prefer simple names than trying to name guitars, usually.

for example, Jackson Dinky, or the DK1, which is essentially a bolt on soloist, bears one of the stupidist names ever.. Dinky, which roughly means small, unimportant, unimpressive, or shabby... How much better would it have been if they just called it the "SLB-1" (soloist bolt?)

also:
Ibanez RG's numbers help you choose higher end from lower end..
+
after a few seconds spent on the ibanez site, you realize what each guitar is, and its stored in memory.

Quote by danzig-_-
all danelectro pedals.
"fish n chips, hot coffee, fried eggs, dog shit, pepperoni, milkshake..."
i will never buy one no matter how good they are...
and digitech pedals.
"bad monkey, hot head, metal master, main squeeze...etc"
GAHH GIMMICK!

lol, I dig the danelectro names... too bad for me, and lucky for you, all the danelectro pedals pretty much suck (with a slight exception for the Fish n' chips)

and the digitech pedals have horrible tone, so they have to have gimmick names!
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Honestly, which would be more confusing (using Ibanez as an example here because they are what I know best), having different names for each of the multitude of variations within each of RGs, S, Jetkings, Artcores, AX, X, etc. series or just going based off of the model name and allowing numbers to denote the variations between them? It's much easier than having 50 different names to remember.
The word Ovation has always bugged me for some reason.
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
Quote by Defaulted
The word Ovation has always bugged me for some reason.

It means to give appluase too. Which is why they have the lower ends named Applause. Because if you play an Ovation, people with giving you a standing one, no matter what you play.
Quote by Buzz762
Honestly, which would be more confusing (using Ibanez as an example here because they are what I know best), having different names for each of the multitude of variations within each of RGs, S, Jetkings, Artcores, AX, X, etc. series or just going based off of the model name and allowing numbers to denote the variations between them? It's much easier than having 50 different names to remember.

what's harder?

to remeber 50 names

or

to remember 50 different 5+ number combination
dean guitars... like them but the name... logo is kool too
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
rg models in not the confusing. for example 370, 320, 350. 470, 420, 450, 1527. 70 mean 2 humbuckers, with mid PU and no pickguard. 20 mean two humbuckers, no mid PU, no pickguard. 50 means, two humbuckers, with mid pickup, with pickguard. 27 means two humbuckers, no mid PU, no pickguard, seven strings. im not sure about the first digit. but still im not sure about these infos. i may be wrong..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I read it somewhere, but I think RG stands for Rock Guitar? Not sure on this, but I think it came up in this forum...

As for names, I'm not too bothered.
Ibanez SA2120HS FM. Great guitar, but the name is way too long.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
The numbers Ibanez uses to label make more sense than any other guitar naming scheme out there. Every number and letter has a meaning and will tell you almost exactly what features the guitar has and what it will look like. I like it much better than Fender Fat Stratocaster Deluxe Highway1 Custom Shop American Players Edition, which gives you no clue as to what the guitar actually is besides a strat.

If you name an Ibanez in a thread everyone knows what you are talking about. If you say strat or les paul get ready to distinguish the model for people with pics and the year.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Even though I like them, I think Agile could've came up with a cooler name for their guitars.

Every time I say I have an Agile Les Paul Copy people say something along the lines of, "LOL WTF is that? I never heard of Agile ..."
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Ibanez RG (roadstar guitar) then the number tells you what it's like: 3xx = lower 2xx = medium 1xx = highest
Then there are S.

And you think "gibson classic superburst series 50s replica cherry" sounds good?
Dudes all the digitech pedals are retarted...
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
I like the RG(Roadstar Guitar) naming scheme. You usually know which models are "better" than others, especially when they don't have a separate budget brand. I find it more confusing when I'm browsing Jackson og Fender's site and they just have X Series or MG series or whatever.

Maybe some people just like fancy names and others like numbers.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Ibanez RG (roadstar guitar) then the number tells you what it's like: 3xx = lower 2xx = medium 1xx = highest
The other way around, actually.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I call Hagstrom 'hag' for short.

"Yeah! The hag sounds GREAT!" - It just sounds so wrong... (lol)
If you just give guitars names like 'Stratocaster' or 'Les Paul', it doesn't tell you anything about the guitar. But with RGXXYY, you can tell various things just from the name, without ever having seen, played of heard of the guitar (Assuming that you know how Ibanez's naming system works).
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1