So, I have an Ibanez RG2570E(Basswood body, H-S-H setup) with its stock pups... I need some new pups, price does not matter (but keep it to the stuff I can take off the shelves without custom wiring and shit)
I want a bridgepup that can play chunky metal with loads of distortion for rhythm play
A neckpup with attack with sustained cleans for shredding through those lightning fast sweeping/tapping pieces
Im not sure what to put in the middle(sustain, harmonics, etc?) , anything you can personally recommend?

Thanks alot =)
maybe a full set of dimarzio evolutions?
v sensetive to what you play tho so any mistakes get amplified but apart from that
some people orgasm over them
Yeah, heard about them, they should be awesome for shredding, but is the bridge also great for metal rhythm work?
yeah its got the detail and harmonics to really distort well if you put it through the right effects, so you'll still have note definition but itll be really distorted, but checkout the dimarzio site for full specs
Yeah, I was surfing around the DiMarzio site, looking at stuff...
So, it might be the evo's...

Anything you would recommend for middle?
For shred, a dimarzio YJM. Or, if you want a middle that can do cleans, maybe a fender texas special or vintage noiseless.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Quote by Friedmaniac
For shred, a dimarzio YJM. Or, if you want a middle that can do cleans, maybe a fender texas special or vintage noiseless.

No on the YJM,
its based off the HS3 and all the HS single coils are actually quite smooth sounding,
He wants an agressive Single coil,
which is really an oxy moron, because a "true" single coil will have a smooth, bell tone to it, but he can check out stacked humbuckers..

Personally, I'd just leave the middle coil stock, and not wire it, making you're guitar dual Humbucker, and install a three way switch, so you can get a more agressive sound than the typical 5 way selector allows... Cause we all know coil taps are horrible for an agressive tone, the volume drop and the single coil side of a humbucker is too weak for the in-you-face tone
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
D-Sonic for the bridge if you want shredding and heavy rhythm stuff.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i know you dont wanna change the wiring but for twhat you want to play i strongly suggest emg ZW set and getting them installed is just like 40 bucks tops
they sound like a more metally version of evelutions
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
i know you dont wanna change the wiring but for twhat you want to play i strongly suggest emg ZW set and getting them installed is just like 40 bucks tops
they sound like a more metally version of evelutions

Don't waste your time on ZW...
just get the 81/85.. same thing.
they are the same thing just come in diffrent box so why even bother quoting me?..
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by sirlimecat
they are the same thing just come in diffrent box so why even bother quoting me?..

cause I like to
+
my bad, I think you save like $20 on the ZW box set...
so its not all a waste...
^ You actually pay more for the ZW set because of the name.

IIRC, an 81 and 85 will cost around 200 USD. The ZW Set, while the same pickups, is like 220 or something. I can't remember.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot about the topic! I'd definitely go for Evo's. As people have said, they're really unforgiving. But hey, it'll only make you better!
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
But I hear EMG's arent good in basswood bodies?
Im pretty sure Ill go D Sonic in the bridge
Quote by xFilth
But I hear EMG's arent good in basswood bodies?
Im pretty sure Ill go D Sonic in the bridge

That's opinion, Erock has EMG's in his RG('s?) and his clips sound great.
And for the guy suggesting ZW EMG's, what is wrong with you? They don't sound anything like Evo's at all.
what amp have you got?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
im a big fan of the seymour duncan sh13 (dimebucker)

You bumped a 3 month old thread to share that, of all things, with everyone?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ wow, i didn't notice it was a mega bump. agreed. he's probably bought a pickup by now, unless he's me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by codybcool
That's opinion, Erock has EMG's in his RG('s?) and his clips sound great.
And for the guy suggesting ZW EMG's, what is wrong with you? They don't sound anything like Evo's at all.

thanks cody

3 months late
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Apr 3, 2007,
GO WITH SINGLE COIL EMGS AND ROCK OUT D00D

Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ wow, i didn't notice it was a mega bump. agreed. he's probably bought a pickup by now, unless he's me.

Seems like I am...
Well, gonna purchase an amp together with the pups... dont wanna play amazing pups through a 2w SS amp =<
Blasphemy
^ aye, sounds sensible. the microcube is good fun though. but yeah, being a modeller, its strength is making everything sound the same, lol... so i doubt new pickups would shine with it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by xFilth
So, I have an Ibanez RG2570E(Basswood body, H-S-H setup) with its stock pups... I need some new pups, price does not matter (but keep it to the stuff I can take off the shelves without custom wiring and ****)
I want a bridgepup that can play chunky metal with loads of distortion for rhythm play
A neckpup with attack with sustained cleans for shredding through those lightning fast sweeping/tapping pieces
Im not sure what to put in the middle(sustain, harmonics, etc?) , anything you can personally recommend?

Thanks alot =)

Bridge: DiMarzio D-Sonic or Tone Zone
Middle: DiMarzio Area '61
Neck: DiMarzio PAF Pro or Air Norton

Or, if you're in the UK (I'm not), go for a Bareknuckle Warpig or Nailbomb.
Last edited by Holy Katana at May 29, 2007,
Quote by Striketalonx
No on the YJM,
its based off the HS3 and all the HS single coils are actually quite smooth sounding,
He wants an agressive Single coil,
which is really an oxy moron, because a "true" single coil will have a smooth, bell tone to it, but he can check out stacked humbuckers..

Personally, I'd just leave the middle coil stock, and not wire it, making you're guitar dual Humbucker, and install a three way switch, so you can get a more agressive sound than the typical 5 way selector allows... Cause we all know coil taps are horrible for an agressive tone, the volume drop and the single coil side of a humbucker is too weak for the in-you-face tone

Hmm I would disagree with that, the smooth tone of that pickup in the neck is ideal for shredding. It's crystal clear!