Hi all

I dont know if this is in the right thread but basically ive just started a band thats heavily influenced by Pantera and were starting off with a few pantera covers.

Back to the question, i have a roland cube 30 and i was wondering...what setting should i put it on to get a good dimebag tone..

thanks in advance
-A n d y
To get THE tone of Dimebag you would have to get the same gear as him.
But with that amp, just twist the knobs untill it sounds good.
even with the same equipment as dime bag it would take you years to get the same tone as dimebag.. ive played with his guitars and with his effects and stuff and they dont even sound close to his own sound.. the guy was a genious !! RIP dimebag darrel
Quote by turbopresh
even with the same equipment as dime bag it would take you years to get the same tone as dimebag.. ive played with his guitars and with his effects and stuff and they dont even sound close to his own sound.. the guy was a genious !! RIP dimebag darrel

That's probably because he didn't play his "tribute" guitars.
idk with your amp if you could get anything close. but with my Line 6 Spider 2 surprizingly I get a good tone. Chorus with your gain all the way up then put your treble halfway. I have a EQ also so its easier for me to get it
posted by RM_MIDNIGHT
I don't know what the **** you people are talking about, I claimed Antarctica for my self decades ago, if anybody steps on it with out my permission I'll get them!
he is like my all time faveourite guitarist and i just wanna do him 'proud' as it where, like i dont wanna kill his songs, i wanna do them properly
Dimebags not really a genius for his rig as that was all done for him.

Electroharmonics metal muff up full apparently sounds alot like him.
If you wanted to make Dimebag proud, you'd create your own style, and cite him as an influence. That would make me much more proud than someone who sounded exactly like me.
Check off this list and hope for the best:

Dean ML
Bill Lawrence XL500L pickup
Randall Warhead (Discontinued) Try another Randall Solid State (He didnt use tubes)
Don't scoop the mids. Fairly high gain and drop in some bass.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
Quote by A_New_Level
Check off this list and hope for the best:

Dean ML
Bill Lawrence XL500L pickup
Randall Warhead (Discontinued) Try another Randall Solid State (He didnt use tubes)
Don't scoop the mids. Fairly high gain and drop in some bass.

While that makes sense,
he said how to get it with a cube.

Which, I'd have to say, is gonna be impossible.
The cube tries to emulate tube tone...
Dime is the complete opposite..

Since you're not gonna get a "faithful" sound easily,
try buying the G3 series of randalls...
they have a tube in the Preamp, but thats as close to a Warhead that you're gonna get easily... I've personally played the 2X12 combo and I can say that its the closest I got to dimes tone ever.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
never try to emulate dime's tone unless you only ever play pantera....it just doesn sound right....
Tone is mostly in the fingers. Two people could play the exact same rig, yet sound completely different. You can get a similar tone by using the same equipment, but will never be quite like Dimebag's was.
THE ULTIMATE ANSWER:
1. high bass
2. high trebs
3. high gain
3. low mids

thats all you'll ever need. that, a Dean ML, Bill Lawrence XL500, and a Krankerstein half stack and you're good
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
Quote by Buzz762
Tone is mostly in the fingers. Two people could play the exact same rig, yet sound completely different. You can get a similar tone by using the same equipment, but will never be quite like Dimebag's was.

No, no its not. Tone is not from the fingers. Playability is from the fingers. Whether you can shred your face off, or only play 1 powerchord, its going to sound the same if your on a shit guitar, the tone doesnt come from you, the playing comes from you, the tone comes from your gear. The last part is true, no one can fully emulate anyones sound to perfection.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

THE ULTIMATE ANSWER:
1. high bass
2. high trebs
3. high gain
3. low mids

Thankfully someone tried to actually help the guy!
All the guy asked was some advice on how to get close to Dimebag's tone coz they play some Pantera covers, no need to flame him over that.
Getting the right tone is just as important in a cover as it is to play the right chords.

Like someone has already said; for a sound close to Dimebag's you need bass right up, mids right down, treble right up and overdrive/distortion right up.
Also make sure you check the tuning of the song your playing. Pantera played in lots of different tunings but quite a lot of the time Dimebag tuned down 2 full steps (D G C F A D) if you don't do this it won't sound right.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
oh gor god's sake....here's the tone i have been using for pantera, it works well for pantera and such, but i dont really like it for much else:

Gain: 7
Bass: 10
Mid: 4
Treble: 9

works just fine...