I don't know how to re-size the pics, so I can't just post them in the thread.

Pics of my:
-Recording area
-Practice amp - Peavey XXL 2x12 combo (open back cab)
-Part of my rack setup (Mod4 MkII ADA MP1 on top of XXL and Boss EQ-20 in MP1's effects loop)
-Pedals - Dunlop 535Q and DOD YJM308, also have a Digitech WH-4 and talk box, but rarely use either anymore.
-Guitars mounted on the wall (finally did that today!)

The Ibanez RG 7-string (far left) doesn't show up too well, it will soon be a UV7BK rip-off - green Dimarzio Air Norton & Evo on the way along with green Dimarzio knobs and p-up selector tip.

Enough blabbing, here's the pics...

And, for some clips...

Solo and Endless Sacrifice were just quick demos of the Peavey XXL that someone asked me for. Those are the only two clips of the XXL.
The Glass Prison is a quick demo of the Mod4 MkII MP1.
A New Day, A New Beginning is just the idea for the verse and chorus so far, recorded it late at night to get the idea out of my head before I forgot it.
Seeing The Light is the intro to another song I'm still working on (along with a ton of other songs, lol.)

EDIT: Yes, Moses is on top of my TV.
Last edited by Guitarmiester at Jan 13, 2007,
I can't hear the clips, but the pics are very nice! That orangey RG looks really nice! :snyper:
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Thanks. How come you can't hear the clips? The link works.

I used to have a ton of other stuff - more pedals than most have even seen (vintage and new), a couple other guitars, and used to have a Peavey Classic 50 head and custom 4x12 cab. But, had to get rid of a lot when I moved in August.

Also, not pictured is my mic placements and mixer, forgot about that.
Some nice tone you got going there Guitarmiester, both the clean and the ODed stuff. It's the first time I've heard an XXL and yeah, very nice.

EDIT: and yeah the white Ibanez looks the sex now too!
Last edited by treagar at Jan 13, 2007,
Quote by Guitarmiester
Thanks. How come you can't hear the clips? The link works.

I used to have a ton of other stuff - more pedals than most have even seen (vintage and new), a couple other guitars, and used to have a Peavey Classic 50 head and custom 4x12 cab. But, had to get rid of a lot when I moved in August.

Also, not pictured is my mic placements and mixer, forgot about that.

my soundcard is, to put it bluntly, shagged.

It sucks that you had to get rid of that stuff. did you use much of it?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by treagar
Some nice tone you got going there Guitarmiester, both the clean and the ODed stuff. It's the first time I've heard an XXL and yeah, very nice.

EDIT: and yeah the white Ibanez looks the sex now too!

Thanks. The RG is really nice, the custom marble swirl pickguard and truss rod cover came out great, the guy did an amazing job. I couldn't get a H/H guard though, I installed a Dimarzio PAF PRO and Super Distortion, took out the 5-way and installed a 3-way CRL. For SS, I'm very impressed with the XXL.

Quote by timi_hendrix
my soundcard is, to put it bluntly, shagged.

It sucks that you had to get rid of that stuff. did you use much of it?

The Classic 50 and the custom cab was nice, but a stack was more than I needed. I kinda wish I kept the head though. As for the pedals, lol, I probably had some I never even played. I used to have an entire basement area for recording, jamming, all my gear (including a drum set in one of the rooms for jamming and recording which I also had to sell, no room for it), and a ping pong table.
Very nice Steve. Good playing, great tone, and nice set-up. If you dont mind my asking how much did that XXL set you back? It sounds very nice. Good job.
Thanks for the compliments. I actually got the XXL new late August (few days before I moved). I sold a lot of stuff and had about $2000 set aside just for a custom Mesa Mark IV combo. Two days before I was to pick it up at my local shop I had to take a 2 hour drive somewhere. On the way back I noticed something was wrong, the engine was shot. So, had to use the money toward a new car. I did manage to have about $550-ish for an amp. Picked up a Peavey VK2x12 (just for cleans) and that died on me two days later and the move was about 2 or 3 days away). Brought the VK back, argued for about 20 minutes, but they wouldn't give me my money back. I had to settle for something in the store. Out of everything in that range, I was pretty impressed with the XXL. I'm pretty sure it was $550. Maybe I'll try and post more clips of it sometime soon.
Guitarmiester, i love the clips, i think your technique/style is really good especially on 'seeing the light'. Is there anyway i can download that clip. Kudos to you
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.

www.hotguitarist.com
Quote by ooba_farz
Guitarmiester, i love the clips, i think your technique/style is really good especially on 'seeing the light'. Is there anyway i can download that clip. Kudos to you

Thanks. I'm still playing around with ideas for the rest of Seeing The Light. I'm going to try and get one idea recorded today, you guys can let me know what you think as to where I took the song.
wow that xxl sounds awesome, I want one now! great playing too!

EDIT: I can't find any xxl combos on the net? Only heads and cabs.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by mw7 at Jan 14, 2007,
Thanks. Yeah, Peavey discontinued the XXL 2x12 combo a couple years ago, no idea why. The one I found at the local shop I used to live by had one sitting in the back that was never played. I've only seen the XXL head and cab too, that was the only time I've seen the combo.
Nice pics.
I have the same Ibanez RG3EX except mine is the dark-grayish finish. How do you like yours?
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
When I got it, I wasn't looking for another guitar. But, Guitar Center had some pretty nice deals that day, and for the price I talked them into, I couldn't pass it up. I really like the finish. I tried a few out, luckily the one I liked actually stayed in tune. The Ibanez EMG's aren't too bad either. I have that guitar tuned to Eb. I also liked the RG5EX1QM with the blue finish finish and chrome hardware, but I really didn't want another floating trem.

ooba_farz I'll look into a way for you to download that song. Nice avatar by the way I recorded The Glass Prison with my rack setup. My Mod4 MkII MP1 is amazing, I can get anything from a Roland Jazz Chorus sound to a Mesa Recto. like sound. I'll get more clips up asap.
Last edited by Guitarmiester at Jan 14, 2007,
how are you recording that?

the clean sounds good but the distortion is a little rough in the recording.
since you don't use your whammy, can i have it?

and i love the matching pickguard/truss rod cover.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I've gotta say the clean was pretty Bliss, but the OD? not really doing it for me im afraid. Otherwise - nice gear
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
Thanks for all the replies!

Quote by tubab0y
since you don't use your whammy, can i have it?

and i love the matching pickguard/truss rod cover.

I think I'll hold onto the whammy even longer, thanks anyway. Yeah, the guy did a great job on the pickguard and truss rod cover. The only problem, just one of the screw holes didn't line up for the pickguard, no big deal though.

Quote by Stooja
I've gotta say the clean was pretty Bliss, but the OD? not really doing it for me im afraid. Otherwise - nice gear

Thanks. I'm still playing around with mic placement. For those clips, I used 2 decent mics. Couldn't use my Shure's because one of my cats chewed through both of the wires about a month ago. I still need to order one or two new mics.