OK - I'm just learning the electric guitar. I obviously need a practice amp and I can only afford $150 max right now. In 4 months I'll be able to spend $900 on any amp I want, and plan to.

I'll be getting a Fender Standard Strat. I plan on focusing on the blues (big Clapton fan), but again, I'm just learning, so I imagine I'll just be playing scales and the such for a few months.

So... I've narrowed down my first practice amp to:

Fender Frontman II 25R Guitar Amplifier with Reverb
http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-FEN-231502.html

and

Behringer GMX110 V Tone Modeling Guitar Amp
http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-BEH-GMX110.html

It really makes no difference, but I am 52 years old, and do not work, thus I can practice as many hours a day as I want.

Your informed advice is VERY MUCH appreciated and desired.

Thanks much in advance,
db
Out of those I'd go for the Fender amp, it'd be much more suitable for the kind of music you want to play, in my opinion. Behringers also have a tendency to crap out, though I think they're not too bad for their price. I'd still go with the Fender.
fender
The guy who needs a bassist, singer or rhytm guitarist in michigan 10-14
if you aply private message me
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.
Go with the Fender. They're the most well known for that genre.
Cool - that's what I really wanted, but wanted to be sure. I really do appreciate your input. In about 4 months, I'll be asking your advice for a much nicer amp- LOL

Thanks again,
peace
db
Just, word of advice. STAY AWAY from ANYTHING from Line 6 under 75W.

Line 6 amps are great for beginners, especially when it comes to customization, but they're not the most bluesy sounding amps, they don't often sound clean and if it's below 75W, then they haven't put diddley freaking squat in developing it.
Quote by cheames
neither is great. The Fender is bad though, unlike the Behringer which sounds so bad that it makes you want to stab out your own eardrums with a blunt pencil . hope that was helpful.

this is so sigged
Quote by cheames

Guitar
Expert
In four months you should consider blues junior tube amp. I think its like $500 usa
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by GuitarNinja12
In four months you should consider blues junior tube amp. I think its like $500 usa

I was checking that out. Read a lot about it. Looks to be a great amp. I was also checking out the Fender Blues DeVille Reissue Guitar Amplifier (4x10 Inch, 60 Watts)

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-FEN-2232100-000.html

but then I read, that even on volume level 3 it's too loud to play in a house, so now I'm not sure. I obviously have a lot to learn, but........ I DO plan on learning.

Thanks again,
db
A Fender amp is a Fender amp, and a Fender Stratocaster through a Fender amp doesn't suck. I'm using a Marshall MG30dfx now (it's got a lot of thump) but the Frontman25R or the Vox Pathfinder15R is next. I really miss my Sidekick35R. It was about the same size as the Frontman.
i have the fender and i don't really like it. then again just about anything is better than a behringer, cheames pretty much worded it perfectly.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor