i just got an ibanez ts9 and well its a piece of crap sounds like a ss state cheap distortion. my jcm 900 is cranked and the ts9 doesnt really do a thing on my distortion channel and on my clean it sounds really bad tinny and no balls on either channel. all this hype and it really doesnt do anything worth while in fact barely anything.
Really? They've always sounded pretty good to me, and you've got good gear, too. Huh. Are you sure you didn't get a dud?
Did you try turning down the gain and upping the volume to use it as a boost?

They're easy to mod to TS808 specs. Look it up, there's plenty of info online.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
so return it. tone is subjective. you should have tried it before u bought it i guess.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i tried messing with the settings and it still really didnt make a differance. im begining to think it might be a dud, if its not ts9s sure are thin a flakey sounding
Yeah, it really shouldn't sound like that. Try taking playing some other TS9s at a store, and see how you like their sound.
Quote by cokeisbetter
Yeah, it really shouldn't sound like that. Try taking playing some other TS9s at a store, and see how you like their sound.

i'll definetly do that

also when i change the settings the changes really arent that much from low to full. how much of a boost should a maxed out ts9 be? it really doesnt make my guitar that much louder. my ds1 boosts a lot more.
The TS9 I got at work sounds the exact opposite to me. Its really fat and warm...I usually dont say this...but you might have a bad pedal. Its only a one a million thing now days, but it does happen.
I love ts-9's and their variations, right now I think I have 5
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Boss Metalzone
Peavey Bandit