Whats the best pedal i could use to warm up my sound on my solid state randall rg75 g2? i heard good things about the ts808 but im not sure what else there is that would be good
Im pretty sure tubescreamers dont work well with solid states, you want a Distortion pedal rather than OD
My Gear

Guitars:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Standard Strat

Cort Acoustic

Amp:
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 201

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
Boss CE 2 Chorus
they work fine with SS amp, just keep the level down so your preamp doesnt start clipping, if you want high gain sounds the metal muff is very tubelike also.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
what about this one..the Seymour Duncan SFX-03 Twin Tube Classic Preamp Pedal? its around 200 bucks though so it does run a little expensive
Electro-Harmonix makes a number of pedals with tubes in them, but none of them are cheap. I'm kinda partial to the Hot Tubes, because it was my first ever OD/distortion pedal. The sound clips of the Wiggler (tremelo/vibrato) were really cool, and the Tube EQ also looks really interesting.

You gotta try 'em yourself, though.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
my guitar teacher seems to like the tonebone tube drive pedal which seems like it may work as well right now it seems to be down to the tonebone,sfx-03, or the sansamp gt2
The LANDMINE FOR SURE i have one and i plugged it in my crappy line 6 gave out this nice tube like sounding distortion its amazing
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

isnt the tube screamer meant to imitate tube sounds on a solid state? (i know people us it to push tubes harder or w/e but im pretty sure ts's where made to give solid state amps tube like distortion)
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by lanzaa
isnt the tube screamer meant to imitate tube sounds on a solid state? (i know people us it to push tubes harder or w/e but im pretty sure ts's where made to give solid state amps tube like distortion)

I know my clone sounded pretty good with the gain cranked on my old practice amp. Nice "brown tone." I don't know why people seem to think that they're only for tube amps.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
No pedal is going to make your SS amp sound like a tube amp. Not even an all tube pre-amp pedal or anything. When you say "Tube sound" its more times than not referring to the sound of an all tube power amp.